Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Terry Clancy 204 posts 944 karma points
    Jul 11, 2014 @ 07:36
    Terry Clancy

Problems deploying a Umbraco V 7.1.4 site which was setup up using Visual Studio 2013 Nuget

Hi all,

I used Visual Studio 2013 Nuget to install the latest Umbraco V 7.1.4 tino Visual Studio and then I set up Visual studio to Build/Deploy Solution using  FTP deploy to copy  it to my Godaddy hosted service.

I got the following problems

(1) Permissions were not set correctly on the folders and web.config - I corrected this mannualy but if there is a better way to do it I would be interested to know because I will be doing a lot of testing and this manual process is a pain.

(2) The App_Data folder was NOT created,  and I got this error:

Access to the path 'G:\PleskVhosts\sketchmotion.com\sketchmotion.info\App_Data\TEMP\PluginCache' is denied.

I got around this by creating the folder \App_Data and \App_Data\TEMP and I got a page promtng me to setup up Umbraco because the SQL Server Compact Database SDF file and all the other contents of \App_Data  was missing. 

So then I used FileZilla to copy all the contents of the \App_Data folder in my Visual Studio project, including the SQL Server Compact Database SDF file to the \App_Data folder on my hosted site.

Then I got this third error:

(3) >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Server Error in '/' Application.

Keyword not supported: 'flush interval'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Keyword not supported: 'flush interval'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I have not used Visual Studio much for Umbraco work before so any assistence in correcting my Visual Sutio  proceedure or resolving the error would be appreciated.

Thanks

Terry Clancy

PS here is the Stack Trace for the last error

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Keyword not supported: 'flush interval'.]
       System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions.ParseInternal(Hashtable parsetable, String connectionString, Boolean buildChain, Hashtable synonyms, Boolean firstKey) +5384504
       System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions..ctor(String connectionString, Hashtable synonyms, Boolean useOdbcRules) +95
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionString..ctor(String connectionString) +59
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnectionOptions(String connectionString, DbConnectionOptions previous) +24
       System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnectionPoolGroup(DbConnectionPoolKey key, DbConnectionPoolGroupOptions poolOptions, DbConnectionOptions& userConnectionOptions) +167
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.ConnectionString_Set(DbConnectionPoolKey key) +61
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.set_ConnectionString(String value) +66
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection..ctor(String connectionString, SqlCredential credential) +26
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection..ctor(String connectionString) +6
       Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) +47
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelpers.SqlServer.SqlServerHelper.ExecuteReader(String commandText, SqlParameter[] parameters) +37
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteReader(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +82

[SqlHelperException: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteReader]
       umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteReader(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +202
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Domain.<GetDomains>b__0() +76
       Umbraco.Core.Cache.<>c__DisplayClass1`1.<GetCacheItem>b__0() +10
       Umbraco.Core.Cache.HttpRuntimeCacheProvider.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Func`1 getCacheItem, Nullable`1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, CacheDependency dependency) +247
       Umbraco.Core.Cache.HttpRuntimeCacheProvider.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Func`1 getCacheItem, Nullable`1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, String[] dependentFiles) +107
       Umbraco.Core.Cache.CacheProviderExtensions.GetCacheItem(IRuntimeCacheProvider provider, String cacheKey, Func`1 getCacheItem, Nullable`1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, String[] dependentFiles) +155
       Umbraco.Core.CacheHelper.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, TimeSpan timeout, Func`1 getCacheItem) +277
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Domain.GetDomains(Boolean includeWildcards) +151
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.FindDomain() +231
       Umbraco.Web.Routing.PublishedContentRequestEngine.PrepareRequest() +15
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.ProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext) +358
       Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule.<Init>b__a(Object sender, EventArgs e) +80
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +136
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69

So all is OK -  but am wondering if did something wrong ?

Terry

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jul 11, 2014 @ 10:28
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Terry

When deploying you should leave the /App_Data/Temp folder out since it's temporary files :)

Are you using CE SQL as a database or are you using a database server?

What database are you using? I've seen people have some startup issues on GoDaddy and sometimes they need to get in touch with support to make sure everything is set up to be ready for running Umbraco. Perhaps it would be a good idea to double check with them that all is well in their end?

Cheers, Jan

• Terry Clancy 204 posts 944 karma points
    Jul 11, 2014 @ 18:06
    Terry Clancy

Jan,

Thanks very much.

I deleted all content from the folder /App_Data/Temp folder  but still get the same error.

Yes I am using SQL Server CE.

I have another Umbraco site running on in an adjacent location Go Daddy with no issues so I do not think it is that.  I have set the site to full trust.

Any other ideas would be apprciated.

Terrry

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jul 14, 2014 @ 11:04
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Terry

I would still get in touch with the hosting company just to make sure. I'm running a couple of sites on a very popular danish host and sometimes I experience weird stuff when uploading new solutions and need to get in touch with them to have it fixed. Even though it's the same host and I did not have that issue on the other 3 installs I made previously.

I'm just saying that it's a good idea to have it checked :)

Cheers, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft