Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Damien Green 72 posts 134 karma points
    Jul 11, 2014 @ 18:06
    Damien Green

Problems with Multi-Language website using Umbraco 7

Hi Guys,

I've been trying to follow the tutorial on Unbraco.Tv for creating a multi-language website. I'm having a few problems becuase it seems a lot has changed between Umbraco 7 and previous versions, and the tutorials no longer seem to apply.

The specific problems I am having are:

1. In the tutorial, assigning the languages. There doesn't seem to be an option called Manage Hostnames anymore. I'm presuming it has been replaced with Culture and Hostnames. However, I cannot type in an "*" as suggested into the domain box, it just says invalid character. What do I need to match my language to any domain as suggested in the tutorial?

2. Adding a Language switcher. I have placed the razer code into my masterpage template exactly as described in the documentation (see below) but the language selector does not appear. All I get is an empty ul in my output html.

Does anyone have any idea of what I am doing wrong. Are these tutorials going be updated to cover V7 - at the moment I'm struggling with a lot of this because it all seems to be tied to previous versions. I have a feeling my site hierarchy is incorrect but the documentation is vague when it comes to describing what the hierarchy should be.

@foreach (var lang in CurrentPage.AncestorOrSelf(1).Siblings())
        {
            <li><a href="@lang.Url">@lang.Name</a></li>
        }

Many thanks,

Damien

• Damien Green 72 posts 134 karma points
    Jul 11, 2014 @ 19:59
    Damien Green

I've found someone else who had the same problem:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/47220-Multi-language-setup-on-a-single-domain

and I've used his code as an example to fix this on my site. What I'd like to know is whether this is a bug V7 or whether the tutorial doesn't applky to V7...?

Having debugged through the page, the for each loop isn't yielding any results it might be a problem with my site structure. If anyone has an example structure for this type of site it might reveal the answer.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft