Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sjaak van der Heide 11 posts 32 karma points
    Jul 16, 2014 @ 10:10
    Sjaak van der Heide

Error when saving newly created member when emailfield is initially left empty

Hey all, I know the title is quite a mouthfull. But that was the shortest way for me to acurately describe my problem. 

Let me break it down. When I try and add a Custom member in the backend, and I fill in all the fields before saving the member, nothing is wrong. 

But when I forget to fill in the password, it reminds me (this is good). Then I fill the passwordfield (with a correct, non duplicate emailaddress) and it suddenly fails on the passwordfield. (see pics below)

image 1: Forgot to fill in the Email address before saving

Image2: Filled in the emailaddress, click 'save' again.

There is no way of getting Umbraco to save the Member this time around. I've searched around the net a bit, but haven't found a whole lot about this one. 

Suggestions anyone (except for fill it in the right way, the first time around)

• Sjaak van der Heide 11 posts 32 karma points
    Jul 16, 2014 @ 10:54
    Sjaak van der Heide

Searched a bit more and found a post where someone mentioned the Login field should also be filled (even though is does not tell you it is required). 

This did solve the problem for me, although I guess this still is a sort of bug :P 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft