Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason Espin 368 posts 1335 karma points
    Jul 16, 2014 @ 18:04
    Jason Espin

Save imageCropper crops

Hi all,

It is my understanding that older versions of Umbraco allowed you to save the image crops generated by the image cropper. In the newest version of Umbraco this option appears to be unavailable and image are rendered on the fly. This is generally fine for small thumbail type images but when the image is larger such as as a banner carousel on a website, the images seem to take a long time to render and load and therefore it would be better if I someone had access to saved physical crops. Does anyone know if this is a possibility?

Thanks in advance.

Jason

• Arie 224 posts 675 karma points
    Jul 17, 2014 @ 18:29
    Arie

The new Image Cropper is based on ImageProcessor, which does seem to have an option to save the result. I'm not sure how one would utilize this, though. Here's the link: http://imageprocessor.org/imageprocessor/save.html

• James Jackson-South 489 posts 1747 karma points c-trib
    Aug 05, 2014 @ 16:59
    James Jackson-South

The image cropper actually uses the ImageProcessor.Web library which wraps around Imageprocessor.

This will create, save and cache each image the first time it is requested; on subsequent requests the image will be served from the cache which is super fast.

Things to do:

1. Check to make sure that the same parameters are being sent on each request as different parameters will result in reprocessing each time.

2. Make sure you are generating your urls correctly by checking against the following documentation: http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Using-Umbraco/Backoffice-Overview/Property-Editors/Built-in-Property-Editors-v7/Image-Cropper

If you have a url I can check against I should be able to see if anything strange is going on.

• Arie 224 posts 675 karma points
    Aug 05, 2014 @ 17:06
    Arie

Does this mean that the URL parameters trigger saving the processed image to disk? If so, wouldn't that allow an attacker to render a site inaccessible by filling up the drive with a simple script that requests the image numerous times with different parameters?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft