Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John 5 posts 24 karma points
    Jul 17, 2014 @ 21:39
    John

Missing Nodes in Content and Media

I logged into the back office of my site today to find that it's missing a lot of content and images (including tiers of folders).  I'm using version 7.1.4.  The front end displays the content fine.  I can use the backend search to find the missing items, but when I click on any of them I get the following error.  I can also see missing items in the umbraco.config.

Request error: The URL returned a 404 (not found): 
    /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Content/GetById

How do I fix?

• Shane 2 posts 21 karma points
    Jul 19, 2014 @ 23:29
    Shane

I am experiencing the exact same issues. Please help

• DitlevHB 6 posts 66 karma points
    Jul 28, 2014 @ 22:16
    DitlevHB

Hi, i am experiencing the same problem and i'm in the middle of a fix.

I assume you run IIS Express with visual studio by default and you are using a embedded database SQL CE.

If this is the case, it should work by integrating your solution into IIS standalone. By doing this, you should avoid any further problems. I am still not sure how to fix the already existing problems without manually finding and deleting the old content with SQL management studio.

Reference:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/ourumb-dev-forum/bugs/49156-Nodes-dissappearing-v704

A easy fix would be much appreciated. 

• John 5 posts 24 karma points
    Jul 30, 2014 @ 04:27
    John

I ended up rebuilding it, which took hours since I had a lot of content. I was using web matrix and yep SQL CE I'm guessing it has something to do with that formula. This issue had come up with an early version of 6, but thought it was fixed. Looking back, when I rebuilt that one I built it on the server and haven't seen issues since. So my take away is to never work locally. Whish I could of fixed it rather than rebuilding it, just hope it doesn't happen again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft