Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James 251 posts 1169 karma points
    Jul 18, 2014 @ 13:06
    James

Displaying a Media Picker file.

Hi All,

I have both images and videos that i have uploaded ot the media section of my umbraco site.

Some of the document types on my website use media pickers to select the image or video that the user wants to display for a blog post etc.

How do i go about placing the media picker image/ video into my page? Is there a way to show the source of the image or video so i can put that into the src attribute of a img or video tag?

Currently when i call it using the add field section it shows an ID when the page is served up. 

Kind regards.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 18, 2014 @ 13:26
    Dennis Aaen

Hi James,

Try to take a look at the documentation for the Media Picker.

http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/using-umbraco/backoffice-overview/property-editors/built-in-property-editors/Media-Picker

There are some good examples on how to get image or a file from a media picker, whether if you are using strongly typed razor or dynamic razor.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 20, 2014 @ 18:32
    Dennis Aaen

Hi James,

Did you managed to get the file path with the media picker, instead of just the ID

Looking forward to hear from you.

/Dennis

• James 251 posts 1169 karma points
    Jul 21, 2014 @ 11:59
    James

Thanks very much for your response!

• Bill Ahern 4 posts 24 karma points
    Nov 18, 2014 @ 22:19
    Bill Ahern

I'm a little confused as to what the media picker doesn't render the URL to the image. Isn't that what you would expect something like this to do? I've read the supplied link above and I'm just not sure I fully understand what it's suggesting. Any clarification would be much appreciated, as well as an answer as to why a tool used to place an image on a page only puts the ID there instead.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft