Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tarunjit 103 posts 146 karma points
    Jul 18, 2014 @ 14:16
    Tarunjit

Umbraco DataBase Structure

Hi All,

We are using Umbraco 7.1.4 version, can anyone please let us know information about its important tables. Most importantly about tables that we could use for managing components (Tags, Categories etc) of blog posts.

Regards

Tarunjit Singh

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 18, 2014 @ 14:29
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Tarunjit,

I know this is a old post, but maybe it can gives you an overview of the databse.

http://mohamedradwan.wordpress.com/2010/05/10/umbraco-database-structure/

It´s sounds to like you are goning to bulid a blog, for your website. If that´s the case, have you tried looked at some of the blog packages there are for Umbraco.

Here are some that you could use for a blog in Umbraco 7.

uBlogsy: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/starter-kits/ublogsy

Smart Blog: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/starter-kits/smart-blog

Articulate: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/starter-kits/articulate

Jul 20, 2014 @ 13:38
    Tarunjit

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the reply.

Does these above mentioned packages get integrate into our Umbraco database and web site, i.e. these packages and Umbraco website act as a single unit and share the same database ?

Also can't we use Umbraco7.1.4 only for managing our blog posts?

Regards

Tarunjit Singh

Jul 20, 2014 @ 13:50
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Tarunji,

When you installed packages into Umbraco they will get integrate into your Umbraco database.

You can choose to install one of the blog packages into your Umbraco 7.1.4, and only have the blog package installed on that Umbraco installation for managing your blog posts, and have another Umbraco installation, running your website.

You can also have the blogpost and the website running in the same installation running on two different domains, or run the blog as an integrated part of your website.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Jul 20, 2014 @ 13:51
    Tarunjit

Hi Dennis,

Can these packages could also be used for importing legacy blog posts from BlogEngine.Net To Umbraco data base?

Or these packages are used only for creating new blog posts only?

During my research i have find that we could use CMSImport for importing data regarding legacy blogposts from BlogEngine.Net To Umbraco data base. Can you please let us know the exact steps or the method we should use for importing legacy blogposts from BlogEngine.Net To Umbraco data base.

Regards

Tarunjit Singh

Jul 20, 2014 @ 14:02
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Tarunji,

To me it looks like that you can import and export blogposts, by using the Articulate blog package. With this package you can do following.

• Categories & Tags
    • Themes
    • Live Writer support
    • Markdown support
    • Easily post from your mobile phone including adding images and photos direct from you camera
    • Disqus, Google+ or Facebook comment support
    • Search
    • Blogml import/export
    • During import we can also export a compatible XML so you can easily import your comments to Disqus
    • RSS
    • Built in or custom feed
    • Feeds per category/tag
    • Customizable urls
    • Author profiles

Have you look into the CMSImport, as I said in one of my earlier posts, with the package you should be able to import your old posts. Have you seen the user manual for using the CMSImport here

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft