Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tarunjit 103 posts 146 karma points
    Jul 18, 2014 @ 14:21
    Tarunjit

Umbraco Support For Creating Blog Posts

Hi All,

We are thinking of creating blog posts using Umbraco 7.1.4 version, but we find there are important basic components related to managing of blog posts like “Tag Cloud”, “Categoies” is missing in Umbraco 7.1.4, Can anyone please let us know if there is a “Tag Cloud”, “Categories” and other features related to managing blog posts are present in Umbraco 7.1.4 so that we could add “Tags” and “Categories” to our blog posts.

Regards

Tarunjit Singh

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Jul 18, 2014 @ 15:11
    Sören Deger

Hi Tarunjit,

there is a new package for Umbraco 7 which is called "Articulate". It contains categories, tags and a lot of more nice features. You can find this package here:

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/starter-kits/articulate

Best,

Sören 

• Tarunjit 103 posts 146 karma points
    Jul 20, 2014 @ 13:31
    Tarunjit

Hi Soren,

Can you please explain what exactly you mean by new package for Umbraco 7? 

Do you mean we can't use Umbraco 7.1.4 directly for managing blog posts and have to use some other website "Articulate" to manage our blog posts?

If yes, then it means we will need to use two websites which will not be a good idea as we are already using BlogEngine.Net, and we have a good command over it. So using two websites one Umvbraco for managing CMS features of our sites and creating static pages and other "Articulate" for managing blog posts will not make much sense.

Please let us know if we could use Umbraco7.1.4 only, may be some add on need to install in Umbraco7.1.4 like we add "FireBug" in Mozilla Fire Fox.

Hope my comments make sense. Please let me know in case any clarification is needed from my side.

Regards

Tarunjit Singh

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft