Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Terry Clancy 204 posts 944 karma points
    Jul 20, 2014 @ 08:46
    Terry Clancy

Installing Umbraco 7.1.4 using VS2013 and Nuget

I am attemtping to install Installing Umbraco 7.1.4 using VS2013 and Nuget and have followed the instructions at

http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/install-umbraco-with-nuget

When I run / debug the site after installaiton, it does not give me the option to dpecifiy a SQL Server database to use.  It seems to install with SQL Server Compact wheather I want it or not.

Should it give me the option to specifiy a SQL Server database?

How can I install using Visual Studio 2013 / Nuget in such a way as to use a SQL Server Standard Database please ?

Also..... after the installation the follwoing folders are not "included" in the project:  bin, Umbraco, Umbraco_Client, App_browsers, obj,  and several others .  Should they be included in the project ? If so is this a bug ?

Thanks

Terry Clancy

PS I spend more time installing Umbraco than using it !!

• Terry Clancy 204 posts 944 karma points
    Jul 20, 2014 @ 09:26
    Terry Clancy

Ignore this question - I just found hte customize link on the install page !!

Terry Clancy

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5058 posts 15520 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 23, 2014 @ 07:48
    Sebastiaan Janssen

The customize button will be highlighted better in the next release. The folders you mention are not included in the vs project on purpose as there is nothing in there that you'd need to edit in visual studio.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft