Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Graham Carr 277 posts 389 karma points
    Jul 21, 2014 @ 12:38
    Graham Carr

nuPickers and filter by field value

I am using the nuPickers for dropdown selection of values within my site (e.g. Candidate). I want to be able to choose all nodes with a particular value chosen within the nuPicker but I am not sure of the best way of doing this. Currently I am trying the following:

var applications = Umbraco.ContentAtXPath("//VacancyApplication[@candidate='1335']");

However this doesnt work because the candidate field is actually returning nuPickers.PropertyValueConverters.Picker

Can anyone tell me the best way of selecting all nodes within a tree where the candidate selected by a nuPicker dropdownlist equals a specific ID??

Jul 21, 2014 @ 12:53
    Graham Carr

The XML produced for the node shows the following:

<candidate>
        <Picker>
          <Picked Key="1335"><![CDATA[Graham Carr]]></Picked>
        </Picker>
      </candidate>

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 21, 2014 @ 13:18
    Hendy Racher

Hi Graham,

Just to check, is your nuPicker DropDown configured to save as Xml ?

Assuming this picker has a property alias of 'candidate' and is on nodes of type 'VacancyApplication' then the following XPath expression should return all VacancyApplication nodes where a candidate has a value of '1335'

//VacancyApplication[./candidate//Picked[@Key='1335']]

HTH,

Hendy

Jul 21, 2014 @ 13:23
    Graham Carr

Hi Hendy,

I am indeed saving as XML and that work's perfectly for me, at least I now know a bit more XPath. Just out of curiosity how would the above be done within a Razor statmenet??

Thanks once again.

Graham

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 21, 2014 @ 13:31
    Hendy Racher

Sorry, I didn't see your posting of the Xml fragment when replying - hence asking about Xml.

There are a number of ways to acheive this in Razor, for example Linq with a strongly typed model makes for a nice syntax - but your XPath expression also makes for an efficient query.

Jul 21, 2014 @ 13:34
    Graham Carr

Thanks, all makes sense! I don't suppose you have a link to a reference for using Linq with strongly typed model, once again this is an area I am still learning!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft