Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt 7 posts 27 karma points
    Jul 21, 2014 @ 12:48
    Matt

Save and send for approval failing

Hi,

I wonder if someone can help me please?

I'm having some difficulties with umbraco 7.0.4 backoffice. When I designate a user as a writer they are unable to send items for approval.

When they hit the Save and send for approval button, they get the following notification from the system:

Sent For Approval: Changes have been sent for approval × Request error: The URL returned a 404 (not found): /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Content/GetById

Looking at the logs, I get: id userId NodeId Datestamp logHeader logComment 2528 0 0 2014-07-21 20:27:28.170 SendToPublish Send to Publish performed by user 2527 2 0 2014-07-21 20:27:17.920 New Content '' was created

It looks like sendToPublish isn't completing properly.

If I just get the user to save, it does then get an ID in the event log but Save and send for approval doesn't save all the properties properly and send the notification.

I do have a custom implementation of a Membership and Role provider in operation for integration with our AD. Could this be messing with the process if I've missed something in them?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Matt

• Robert Foster 459 posts 1820 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 21, 2014 @ 14:50
    Robert Foster

Hi Matt,

Could this be the same as the issue detailed here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4141 ?

If so, I suggest upgrading to 7.1.4 (do it anyway - much more stable, reliable, etc.)

- Rob.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft