Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• crono 58 posts 129 karma points
    Jul 24, 2014 @ 07:19
    crono

iframe + angularjs + aspx macro = trouble?

Hi,

I'm having a slight problem with rendering a macro in an iframe in the backend, using a custom data type.

I had to write a custom interface in the backend for viewing contour records, because my employer needs some very specific functionality.

One of the things they want, is a modal that pops up with the record in case it needs to be edited. But since this is a custom data type, I didn't see any other option than to render the previewFormDialogMvc.aspx in an iframe.

The flow goes something like this:

• Angular loads the contour entries from a surface controller and pushes them into a list that gets rendered with ng-repeat.
    • Each entry has an edit button that, when clicked, sets an iframe's src to previewFormDialogMvc.aspx?Guid=entryGuid and trigger the modal.
    • The modal pops up and loads the dialog.

So far so good - it all works as expected - except, it doesn't.

The initial list loading takes around 1-2 seconds, depending on how many entries are in the records - but after the aspx macro has run once, it takes 7-10 seconds for the list to reload.

If I remove the macro rendering from the aspx page, all is smooth.

Would appriciate any insight to why this is happening, or suggestions to do it differently.

Using Umbraco 7.1.4 with Contour 3.0.21

Thanks in advance :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft