Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bryan Parker 1 post 21 karma points
    Jul 25, 2014 @ 00:10
    Bryan Parker

Creating packages in Umbarco 7.1.4

I have a brand new Umbraco 7.1.4 install for a new site.  Have had a designer and content editor working on it for a few days, so I'm just getting around to installing a local version for me (the developer).

I cannot create a package that contains any Content in it.  When I choose a content node, strange things happen... clickin on Publish results in an error ("See Umbraco log"):

2014-07-24 15:04:46,505 [40] ERROR umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.CreatedPackage - [Thread 27] An error occurred

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at System.Xml.XmlNode.AppendChild(XmlNode newChild)

at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.CreatedPackage.Publish()

Also seems that once I save and publish a package... Umbraco will never write another version of that package again!  No matter what changes I make to it, I never see the original package file updated in the created-packages directory.
    Additionally... once I have selected a content node, the "Delete" link button in the package does not work.  It *appears* to delete the content node, but I click on "Save" and it pops right back up.
    Are there known issues with 7.1.4?  It just seems horribly broken in this regard.
  • Sebastiaan Janssen 5058 posts 15520 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 25, 2014 @ 13:58
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Any chance you can zip up the site + database and put it something like dropbox? I have heard of this problem (http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1921) but I just can't reproduce it so I'd love to have a look. Send the link to [email protected] please.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft