Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Damien Green 72 posts 134 karma points
    Jul 25, 2014 @ 11:46
    Damien Green

Major Problem with Umbraco

Hi,

I've just spent the last few hours setting up a multi-language website in Umbraco 7 (latest version downloaded via the package manager). I was just making a few final content changes and saved everything. The next thing I was greeted with was an internal server 500 error, the exact message is:

Cannot add duplicate collection entry of type 'mimeMap' with unique key attribute 'fileExtension' set to '.svg'

I scanned the whole solution with Visual Studio and did not find any duplicate keys in any of the other web.configs or indeed in the main one. If I remove the line, I get a new error:

Error running Reader: SQL Statement: SELECT id, domainName FROM umbracoDomains ORDER BY id

Exception: System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException (0x80004005): The database file may be corrupted. Run the repair utility to check the database file. [ Database name = C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\UmbracoProjects\qstranslations\qstranslations\App_Data\Umbraco.sdf ] at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeConnection.Open(Boolean silent) at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeConnection.Open() at SQLCE4Umbraco.SqlCeContextGuardian.EnsureOpenBackgroundConnection(String connectionString) at SQLCE4Umbraco.SqlCeContextGuardian.Open(String connectionString) at SqlCE4Umbraco.SqlCeApplicationBlock.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlCeParameter[] commandParameters)

Which implies that the database is corrupted. How can this happen so easily when I was doing nothing more than editing some content?

This is the second time I have rebuilt this website this morning having encountered a similar problem earlier. Is this a major bug in V7? This is the first commercial website I have been trying to create with the CMS and I'm slightly scared at the moment with regards to the stability and I don't have time to keep recreating websites from scratch and backing up the site every five minutes just in case something goes wrong.

I have tried creating the website both live on my webspace and using my local IIS server. I am getting similar problems in both situations so I do not believe it is a problem with the hosting or my development machine.

Any ideas would be really appreciated.

Many thanks,

Damien

• Damien Green 72 posts 134 karma points
    Jul 25, 2014 @ 12:03
    Damien Green

Update. I found and ran the SQL Compact repair and that seems to have the site back up and running. Have I just been unlucky...?

Update 2 - it seems my hosts took the webserver down earlier to run some security updates. I suspect it dropped out while the database file was updating which would explain the problem on the webspace. Not sure about what happened on my dev machine but maybe that was something I did wrong.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft