Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Justin 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jul 26, 2014 @ 06:55
    Justin

Why is the admin interface so difficult...?

...is it just me or is the admin interface really difficult to navigate? In particular it's difficult to close menus, and to switch from one menu to the next. For example, after opening the Profile or Help menu, it stays open when I try to switch to another menu. There's no "close" button. Clicking the same menu item again doesn't close it. Meanwhile I can't switch to the other menus. I finally figured out to press ESC or click somewhere else off the menu to close it. Similar things can be said for the sub menus... it's a chore to close these menus.

• Blake Watt (Clerke) 106 posts 351 karma points MVP 2x
    Jul 26, 2014 @ 15:23
    Blake Watt (Clerke)

Not entirely sure but my guess is that the other menu buttons actually change the sidebar menu out while those two buttons in particular open on top of the display. It is a slight inconvienence but to be honest I hardly click on those areas while using umbraco. Maybe it could be tweaked when you click on a menu item it makes sure that either the profile or help is already closed and if not close it? Could be worth posting it as a feature request / ui improvement? I'm sure there is a reason it was done this way, I don't know for certain though.

• Justin 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jul 26, 2014 @ 17:29
    Justin

This was my first time trying Umbraco. It probably seems like a trivial matter to seasoned users, but for me it wasn't immediately obvious why the interface was unresponsive to my commands in certain situations but not others. I think it would be a good UI improvement, considering my client will be the one ultimately using it (hopefully they'll have a better experience with it than I had lol).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft