Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Brown 39 posts 80 karma points
    Jul 30, 2014 @ 13:51
    Paul Brown

Local Development and Live Site Issues

Hello

I am using Umbraco 7.1.4 and have it running locally for development. I have it connected to a SQL Azure database. I also have pulished this site to Azure Websites and have this also connected to the same SQL Azure database as my local instance.

Now when I am working locally I create new Document Types and create new pages based on these. Now when I log into my Azure Website instance I can see these Document Types and new pages I created locally which all seems great.

The problem is when I go to browse these new pages externally they are not found. Why is that?

I found a workaround of going into the Azure Website backend and re publishing but where am I going wrong? What is the best approach here?

Thanks Paul

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5044 posts 15475 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 30, 2014 @ 14:15
    Sebastiaan Janssen

You're essentially load balancing your site on two machines (local and live), which requires a special setup: http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/load-balancing

• Paul Brown 39 posts 80 karma points
    Jul 30, 2014 @ 14:38
    Paul Brown

Thanks, seems a bit over kill for what I want, I understand local media uploaded will not appear in the external copy with my approach.

My main question is how can I make my Azure Website read the site content that is saved in the SQL Azure database and not some "cached" out of date copy it is currently pulling info from...

Cheers Paul

• Amalie Wowern 144 posts 273 karma points c-trib
    Jul 30, 2014 @ 15:27
    Amalie Wowern

I have had a similar experince, we where 2-3 developers working in development envirement with the same azure database and used mercurial to synchronized the files.

We never find a solution to this problem, re-pulish did'nt even work for us.

We needed to repulish the elements that was affected.

We sow mainly this problem with content from multi-node picker

Looking forward to se if there is a easy solution for this

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft