Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• steven smith 20 posts 130 karma points
    Jul 30, 2014 @ 17:46
    steven smith

Publish Umbraco 7.1, without Webmatrix?

Hey guys got a website we have recently built using umbraco 7.1, we need to put this up on our dev server so the client and us can see and test and break it to there hearts content.

Using something like Nop-Commerce you would publish from visual studio,  zip the file, send it to the server via ftp.

Then unzip , set up iis to point to that file structure with appropiate rights, and bingo your done.

Whats the process in umbraco 7.1?  Also might be worth to mention i have a class library also as part of the solution.

Any one know?

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Jul 31, 2014 @ 09:18
    Dan Lister

Hi Steve,

The process should be relatively the same as your previous site. You could open the website up in Visual Studio and publish the site to where ever you require. I'm guessing if you build your class library prior to publishing then you should be okay.

Thanks, Dan.

• steven smith 20 posts 130 karma points
    Aug 04, 2014 @ 13:35
    steven smith

Hey when i try to publish as suggested i get the following tempory file error.

Copying file App_Data\TEMP\ClientDependency\STEVESMITH-PC-166e6bbccd671ee29dedf004ee5657c6-map.xml to obj\Release\Package\PackageTmp\App_Data\TEMP\ClientDependency\STEVESMITH-PC-166e6bbccd671ee29dedf004ee5657c6-map.xml failed.
    Could not find file 'App_Data\TEMP\ClientDependency\STEVESMITH-PC-166e6bbccd671ee29dedf004ee5657c6-map.xml'.

Is there any cleanup process pre publish that i need to sort out? cant see that being the issue as clean is supposed to sort those issues out

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft