Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew Todd 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jul 30, 2014 @ 22:48
    Andrew Todd

Create Classroom Lectures with Umbraco?

Hello all,

I am in the process of converting our classroom lecture software to a web-based format. We were going to create our own CMS but then I found Umbraco. If we can use it then it will make the production go much faster.

What we want is a very simple look and interface like what we have now. The current software was made with Director MX 04 if that gives you an idea of how badly we need to update. The "site" just needs to have a home page with a main menu of lectures filling the the center of the screen in large font. Then each lecture needs to have a "Next" and "Back" button at the bottom for navigation. I will want to also have a button for an expandable main menu on each lecture page so instructors can navigate anywhere they want. That is basically it.

All I want to know if this can be easily done with Umbraco. We have written many CMSs in the past so that's not an issue. I just think it would be nice if we could use an already existing CMS and get this project done much sooner.

I hope the project description makes since. Please let me know if it can be easily done with Umbraco and/or if anyone has any questions.

• Ulrich Wagner Gade Ebsen 127 posts 277 karma points
    Jul 31, 2014 @ 00:49
    Ulrich Wagner Gade Ebsen

Hi,

I'm actually nearly done building just what you have described.. ;) 

I'm using this JQuery plugin - http://alvarotrigo.com/fullPage/ - combined with the menu from this template - http://demo.krownthemes.com/huge/. All managed within umbraco 7. ;)

Write me at uwge(at)ecore.dk and I'll send you a link to a preview site. I'll be happy to help with architecture if needed.. ;)

Regards,
    Ulrich Ebsen 

• Andrew Todd 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jul 31, 2014 @ 14:11
    Andrew Todd

Wow that's great! Thank you very much for the help! I will message you asap.

Thanks, Andrew

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft