Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ravindra 46 posts 117 karma points
    Jul 31, 2014 @ 13:33
    Ravindra

How to Disable "Preview Mode-click to end" link from Umbraco site

Hii all,

This is Ravindra, i have been using umbraco 7.1.4 and i made few site using this.the problem is "Preview Mod-click to end" link comes every time when i preview my site.infact it's irritating me..so i want to disable this..can anyone help me out!

Thank...cheers

Ravindra

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jul 31, 2014 @ 13:50
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Ravindra.

You can customize the preview badge being shown when you're previewing a node.

If go to the config folder in your Umbraco installation, and open up the file named umbracoSettings.config.

In the file search for PreviewBadge, after done that you will find this:

<!-- The html injected into a (x)html page if Umbraco is running in preview mode -->
        <PreviewBadge><![CDATA[<a id="umbracoPreviewBadge" style="position: absolute; top: 0; right: 0; border: 0; width: 149px; height: 149px; background: url('{1}/preview/previewModeBadge.png') no-repeat;" href="{0}/endPreview.aspx?redir={2}"><span style="display:none;">In Preview Mode - click to end</span></a>]]></PreviewBadge>

Then you can customize the preview badge being shown when you're previewing a node.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Jul 31, 2014 @ 14:18
    Ravindra

Hii Dennis..

Thanks for your Response but it didn't work out!

i commented entire thing likes but not working!

<!--<PreviewBadge><![CDATA[<a id="umbracoPreviewBadge" style="position: absolute; top: 0; right: 0; border: 0; width: 149px; height: 149px; background: url('{1}/preview/previewModeBadge.png') no-repeat;" href="{0}/endPreview.aspx?redir={2}"><span style="display:none;">In Preview Mode - click to end</span></a>]]></PreviewBadge>-->

Regards...,

Ravindra!

Jul 31, 2014 @ 14:36
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Ravindra,

Here is one way that you could do it:

<!-- The html injected into a (x)html page if Umbraco is running in preview mode -->

<PreviewBadge><![CDATA[<aid="umbracoPreviewBadge"style="position: absolute; top:0; right:0; border:0; width:149px; height:149px; background: url('')no-repeat;"href="{0}/endPreview.aspx?redir={2}"><spanstyle="display:none;">In Preview Mode - click to end</span></a>]]></PreviewBadge>

Or you could go to the folder \Umbraco_Client\Preview in your installation and override the image with a transpantent one, so keep the configuration as it is by default, and then just use a transparent image, as badge.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Denford 132 posts 323 karma points
    Aug 27, 2018 @ 22:17
    Denford

My problem was clicking it did nothing as well, which was strange but have just taken out the image :(

Jul 31, 2014 @ 14:49
    Ravindra

Hii Dennis,

Thank you very much for your response!

It's really working....

thanks alot.

Can you suggest me any example sites for creating "multi-language sites" actually i am using Umbraco 7.1.4

Regards...,

Ravindra

Jul 31, 2014 @ 14:56
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Ravindra,

Good to hear.

Could you please mark the questions as solve, so other with same issue can see what works for you. You have a green tick over each post, and you should the the green tick for the post that gives you the answer or a hint to solve your issue.

I think that you should start a new topic in the forum about your question about creating multi-language sites. So we donĀ“t mix to different topics.

I would love to help you as much as I can.

/Dennis

Jul 31, 2014 @ 15:05
    Ravindra

Hii Dennis,

Ok i will start new topic..thanks

Thanks and Regards,

Ravindra

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft