Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Jason Espin 368 posts 1335 karma points
    Jul 31, 2014 @ 16:11
    Jason Espin
    0

    Umbraco install corrupted? - AuthorizeUpgrade? url string

    Hi all,

    I desperately need someones help with this issue. I've just created a new model, view and controller within my Umbraco project then I rebuilt my solution and selected start without debugging from Visual Studio and now my Umbraco install seems to be dead in the water.

    I'm presented with the following screen whenever I try to login or even view my Umbraco back office:

    Umbraco Access Error

    The url seems to have the following appended to it :

    AuthorizeUpgrade?redir=%2finstall%2f%3fredir%3dtrue%26url%3dhttp%253a%252f%252flocalhost%253a50804%252fumbraco%252f
    

    This suggests to me that it thinks that an upgrade or update has taken place but I havent done anything of the sort. Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance,

    Jason

  • Sebastiaan Janssen 4993 posts 15138 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 31, 2014 @ 19:25
    Sebastiaan Janssen
    0

    This suggests to me that the version number of Umbraco in your web.config is not the same as the version number that the Umbraco dlls have. Have a look in your source control history and see if web.config or the dlls have recently changed.

    Also, looks like this screen is incomplete, you probably have some javascript errors as well, make sure to check those out / post them.

  • Jason Espin 368 posts 1335 karma points
    Aug 11, 2014 @ 15:17
    Jason Espin
    0

    When I look in Firebug it gives the following error:

    ReferenceError: yepnope is not defined
    
    yepnope.addFilter(function (resourceObj) {
    

    I haven't changed anything in the web.config.

  • Amalie Wowern 127 posts 254 karma points
    Aug 11, 2014 @ 15:24
    Amalie Wowern
    0

    I have meet this issue a couple of times when i created some code that did'nt work and mostly in events.

    Maybe you should look throw your code or try to outcomment all of the code and see if that is the issue

  • Sebastiaan Janssen 4993 posts 15138 karma points MVP admin hq
    Aug 11, 2014 @ 15:28
    Sebastiaan Janssen
    101

    Please have a look here: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/49536-yepnope-is-not-defined-Upgrading-from-702-to-703
    and here: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/53990-Umbraco-714-manual-install-fails-yepnope-is-not-defined

    It looks like this is a cache problem. Make sure to change the version in ClientDependency.config (just make it 1 higher) and clear your cache thoroughly in your browser.

  • Jason Espin 368 posts 1335 karma points
    Aug 11, 2014 @ 17:26
    Jason Espin
    0

    Okay. Thanks for all your comments guys. I've had this happen quite a few times so don't know if it's something to do with my version control through Mercurial. Anyhow, it's working fine now but if the issue occurs again I'll try and look at the clientdependency rather than going back to an older revision in Mercurial.

  • Andreas Kaltenhuber 107 posts 286 karma points
    Dec 16, 2014 @ 13:27
    Andreas Kaltenhuber
    0

    Hi,

    had the same issue today (upgrading from 7.2 to 7.2.1). A quick look in the browser console showed up around 30 404 JS Errors. Increasing the ClientDependency Counter solved the problem.

     

     

  • Sebastiaan Janssen 4993 posts 15138 karma points MVP admin hq
    Dec 16, 2014 @ 13:34
    Sebastiaan Janssen
    1

    For future upgrades, I'd also recommend you set debug=true on your development environment, this stops client dependency from doing anything at all. You may still have some browser caching going on but as far as I can remember we add a random string to assets like JavaScript in order to avoid the caching issue.

  • Andreas Kaltenhuber 107 posts 286 karma points
    Dec 16, 2014 @ 14:08
    Andreas Kaltenhuber
    0

    Hi,

    i had debug enabled in the web.config and i had the chrome console opened with "disable cache" feature activated. thats the strange thing actually and it happens ocasionally on upgrades to me. as long as the "workaround" does the job, i'm fine

     

    cheers,

    Andi

     

     

  • Keith R Hubbard 175 posts 403 karma points
    Aug 18, 2016 @ 01:23
    Keith R Hubbard
    0

    Thanks to this post, I was able to get my upgrade to work for 7.43 to 7.50

  • z4kk 24 posts 83 karma points
    Mar 07, 2017 @ 15:53
    z4kk
    0

    First of all - check is your DB tables has [dbo] scheme. If your tables schemes different from dbo then use this sql-script to create another sql-script :)

    SELECT 'ALTER SCHEMA dbo TRANSFER ' + SCHEMA_NAME(schema_id) + '.'   + name FROM sys.tables WHERE schema_id != SCHEMA_ID('dbo');
    
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft