Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Turnbull 7 posts 27 karma points
    Aug 01, 2014 @ 02:58
    Chris Turnbull

Custom Backend Pages

Hi Guys, 

I'm new to umbraco, liking it a lot. Hoping someone can point me the right directon! 

I would like to create two custom pages in the back end on which I can store some client instructions and links to download image templates for the site. Where do I even start for something like this? 

Ideally a new default landing page once a site admin has logged in and a sub page below. 

Thanks

• prinzie 13 posts 42 karma points
    Aug 01, 2014 @ 10:07
    prinzie

Hi Chris

First of all, I can recommend you to invest a bit schooling money and time by watching some tutorials here: http://umbraco.tv/ - it’s really worth it and it gives you a good basic knowledge.

If you install Umbraco 7, with default settings, you should get a default/starter kit page, which will give you an idea on the structure in the backend and frontend.

Basically you want to look at the Setting – That’s where you can create new customer pages and add costume properties etc. In the Content you can then add your customer pages and write the properties, publish and save and view the page online. Please see the printscreen – I hope this helps you on your way.

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Aug 01, 2014 @ 11:36
    Dan Lister

Hi Chris,

Are you referring to a backend page after an editor has logged into Umbraco? If so, you might be best off creating your own Dashboard tabs to display protected information. You could, for example create two tabs within the content section. One to display instructions to editors and a second to provide a list of links. Take a look at this page on Our which shows you how to extend the back office.

Thanks, Dan.

• Chris Turnbull 7 posts 27 karma points
    Aug 05, 2014 @ 14:01
    Chris Turnbull

Thanks Dan, 

Yes was referring to backend pages. Thanks for the link. 

Chris

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft