Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Evans 86 posts 116 karma points
    Aug 01, 2014 @ 10:03
    Mark Evans

Creating a site search

im fairly new to umbraco (and mvc) so busy learning both while developing a new website. my current task is adding a search functionality to the site. i am planning to use the examine indexer.

i have created a search model with a searchterm property and created my searchbox as a partial view that can be included in my layout structure page.

@model Models.SearchModel

@using (Html.BeginUmbracoForm("SearchResults", "SearchSurface", null, new { @class = "search-form", @enctype = "multipart/form-data" }))

{    
        @Html.TextBoxFor(x => x.SearchTerm,  new{ @id = "search", @name="search", @placeholder="Search" })      <input type="submit" value="Search" class="btnSubmit" />  
    }

However when i include this in my layout page 

<div class="grid_8">                  

@{ Html.RenderPartial("SearchBox"); } 

</div>

i get an error :-

The model item passed into the dictionary is of type 'Umbraco.Web.Models.RenderModel', but this dictionary requires a model item of type 'Models.SearchModel'.

how should i be trying to render this search box in my layout page?

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Aug 01, 2014 @ 10:29
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Mark,

Maybe you should have a look at the ezsearch package. ezSearch is the easy search solution for your Umbraco MVC websites. It's fast, self contained and completely configurable.

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/ezsearch

Maybe this could be a good solution for you.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Mark Evans 86 posts 116 karma points
    Aug 01, 2014 @ 10:34
    Mark Evans

thanks i have done i wanted to try and have more control over the search results like what nodes to include and what to boost etc....

i dont think its too tricky as i can handle the form submit in my controller and pass a pagedlsit to my view.... 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft