Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• dan 54 posts 133 karma points
    Aug 07, 2014 @ 19:49
    dan

Production Server - PostAddFile 500 server error

I did a local install of Umbraco using Web Matrix everything was working fine. I transfered my database to my web host database and that worked fine for me to connect locally and continue. I uploaded the site to the host server and I'm unable to upload anything. I can login just fine but I'm unable to upload anything through the media picker. 

I initially thought it was a permissions issue so I found this page and set the permissions.

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/files-and-folders/permissions

Still no luck. Any idea what could be preventing this from working live?

Version 7.1.4

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Aug 08, 2014 @ 09:14
    Dan Lister

Hi Dan.

Can you take a look in your application's log file and see if there is anymore information regarding the exception? It's usually located in the /App_Data/Logs/ folder.

Thanks, Dan.

• dan 54 posts 133 karma points
    Aug 10, 2014 @ 06:00
    dan

Thanks Dan. I like your name, it sounds familiar. I did figure out that my permissions where nothing but a red herring. I didn't know what to look for in the logs though I had a hunch the issue was with the database itself. Orignally I used the export tool in sql manager and that caused part of the data to be written incorrectly. So I decided to just refresh it by setting it up again. To fix I backed up my local, created a database shell in my host, then restored the database there and that fixed the issue. Presto it all works again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft