Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew Todd 5 posts 25 karma points
    Aug 08, 2014 @ 16:44
    Andrew Todd

Rich Text Editor removing content after adding formatting

Hello,

I have a very strange and frustrating problem. I cannot format text in an article without the editor removing it as soon as I save it. If I look at the HTML, the proper code is there but there is nothing in between the tags! For example, if I hit the underline button, and start typing, it works great. The text is underlined in the editor. If I hit save and go to the site the text is gone but the formatting is there in the HTML. Here is a more visual example below. This isn't just limited to underlining either. It does this when adding text color as well. It seems that if what I want to do requires the use of span tags then it removes the content within them.

I create this:

<p><span style="text-decoration: underline;">8 Common Shapes for Signs:</span></p>

And I get this:

<p><span style="text-decoration: underline;"> </span></p>

If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I haven't modified anything in the core of umbraco at all. I am using the latest version. The only things I have done recently is some copying and pasting from one article to another and I have modified the listArticles.cshtml file to change the ordering of the articles, and to remove the "read more" links.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft