Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Merks 35 posts 100 karma points
    Aug 15, 2014 @ 01:15
    Paul Merks

Media picker no displaying anything when user has a specific Media start node

Hi guys,

I've updated to v7.1.4 and everything is working great, for 1 thing. 

My customer has multiple users which each have their own Media startnode. When I login as such a user, the Media section is working correctly. But the Mediapicker (default control) is not working. When I click the image placeholder, the Media opens on the right without any content. When I want to add a new directory using the + icon, I get kicked out of Umbraco and this is the console error in Chrome:

POST http://www.rhode.nl/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Media/PostAddFolder 401 (Unauthorized)

When I change the startnode back to the root leveL OR a first level, it works correctly. Am I doing something wrong here?

Regards,

Paul

Aug 15, 2014 @ 09:18
    Paul Merks

For the contentpicker, everything works fine. I can pick only the nodes from within the given startnode. Why is this different with the media picker?

• Rolf Johansson 53 posts 315 karma points
    Aug 19, 2014 @ 23:05
    Rolf Johansson

Is the Media start node a folder? If I try really quick to re-create this, I get a Media Picker that starts on the root level, but with only the selected start node (Folder) displayed. I can then click this Folder, and images are visible inside it. If I click the + in the root I get 401 too, but that's probably because I shouldn't have access to the root level.

Anyway, the Media Picker should really start at the starting Media node picked for the logged in user. I suggest adding a bug report at http://issues.umbraco.org as this sounds kind of a bug.

Aug 19, 2014 @ 23:08
    Paul Merks

Thanks for your reply. What happens if you set the start node at a deeper level? I guess that you have set it to a first child of the media root?

Aug 19, 2014 @ 23:15
    Rolf Johansson

Then I actually get the same result as you do, a blank selector.

Aug 19, 2014 @ 23:18
    Paul Merks

Hm, quite an anoying bug when you have a implementation with about 30 users and lots of them have their own mediafolder.

My workaround for now is that I created the personalized media folders in the root of Media. At least they are able to select their folder and pick an image.

Aug 19, 2014 @ 23:23
    Rolf Johansson

From what I can see in the source code for the Media Picker, it only takes into account the startNodeId that is selected for the DataType in the Developer section. There is no code handling the possibility of a User start node id, unfortunately.

Aug 19, 2014 @ 23:27
    Paul Merks

Yes, that option is totally useless in this case, since that is not dynamic at all. It should be replaced by the startNode of the current user. 

Can I create a fix for this myself, since you have the source code? ;-)

Aug 21, 2014 @ 13:06
    Rolf Johansson

Well, anyone can get the source code, the hard part is fixing the bugs. ;)

I suggest you open an issue on issues.umbraco.org and then take it from there. It could be simple to fix, or a bit complicated. I can't say which one right now, as I don't know how easy or hard it is to get this user information in the angularjs context.

• Brian Patton 33 posts 103 karma points
    Aug 26, 2014 @ 03:22
    Brian Patton

I've submitted an issue a while back to get this fixed, but it has yet to be addressed.  I did have a conversation on one of the issues that it had been resolved in 7.1.5, but I have upgraded to that version (and now to 7.1.6) and am still seeing the problem.  If you have any further luck in getting this resolved, could you please update this post w/ the solution.  Thanks so much!  I'm in the same boat as you, with many editors with unique media start nodes here for a university website.

• Brian Patton 33 posts 103 karma points
    Aug 26, 2014 @ 13:49
    Brian Patton

Update: the issue has been reproduced by someone from the core team and it has been re-opened and submitted/assigned for fix:
    http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4974

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft