Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stuart 20 posts 40 karma points
    Aug 19, 2014 @ 11:34
    Stuart

Distributed calls suddenly stopped working

Hi,

We have just gone live with our new website and suddenly have come accross this issue. Updates can be seen by other nodes when looking via /umbraco but when looking at the website as a user the change is not made.

Any help please:

Distributed calll config is below

<!-- distributed calls make umbraco use webservices to handle cache refreshing -->
    <distributedCall enable="true">
    <user>0</user>
    <servers>
    <server>hq-prd-mktucm01.laidlaw.local</server>
    <server>hq-prd-mktuws01.laidlaw.local</server>
    <server>hq-prd-mktuws02.laidlaw.local</server>
    </servers>
    </distributedCall>

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Aug 19, 2014 @ 11:46
    Dan Lister

Hi Stuart,

Remote desktop onto one of the boxes and see if you can get to one of the others via a browser. For example, remote desktop on to hq-prd-mktucm01.laidlaw.local and see if you can view the site on hq-prd-mktuws01.laidlaw.local. If you can't, its mostly likely a networking issue. If you can, check the application log files to see if calls are being submitted. You might find an exception.

Thanks, Dan.

Aug 19, 2014 @ 11:56
    Stuart

Thanks Dan, but can I ask which application log I should look through? The Windows Application Log ar an umbraco related one?

If Umbraco what is the location please?

I'm an Umbraco newbie

Thanks

Stuart

Aug 19, 2014 @ 12:02
    Dan Lister

Hi Stuart,

If you are using version 7 or 6 then they are likely to be in the /App_Data/TEMP/Logs folder. If you are using version 4 then you'll want to request a scripted version of the umbracoLog table.

Thanks, Dan.

Aug 19, 2014 @ 12:06
    Stuart

I'm using version 4.11.10

Browsing the other nodes website is not an issue so I dont think there is an issue with comms

Do you have any doco on how to request a scripted version of the umbracoLog table.

Also is there a way I can force this to work? Would a reboot perhaps resolve any possible issues?

Managemnt are screaming to get some changes in and made live

Thanks

Aug 20, 2014 @ 09:14
    Dan Lister

Hi Stuart,

That's strange. I don't have any specific documents regarding creating a scripted version. You should just be able to request a database backup and use that.

Out of curiosity, do you have an admin user within your Umbraco solution? One with a user ID of 0?

Thanks, Dan.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft