Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rohan 105 posts 162 karma points
    Aug 22, 2014 @ 09:46
    Rohan

Facing problem in Umbraco 7 Installtion. It's really urgent

Hi i am trying to install Umbraco 7 from WebMatrix 3 and everytime it is asking me for Database selection. But in the dropdown it is showing two values "SQL Server (not installed)" and "SQL Server CE (not installed)" while i have already SQL 2008 & 2012 Web edition installed on my server. Then why it is showing "SQL Server (not installed)" ?

Also if i select "SQL Server (not installed)" then it is asking for password for "sa" user. So i have entered correct password but it is throwing error message that password is not matched for "sa".

After this i have selected "SQL Server CE (not installed)" and it has allowed me to install Umbraco7.

Also can you please let me know how to change SQL Server CE to SQL Server 2008 or 2012 ?

What the use of this SQL Tables cmsMacro, UmbracoUser, UmbracoServer and so on ? If this is not installed then also Umbraco will work ?

Also on most of the web links like this (http://www.microsoft.com/web/post/installing-umbraco-with-webmatrix), once umbraco installed and load in "WebMatrix" run the project and it will take you to the "Installation Wizard" where you can accept the license, set database stuff, choose starter kit and so on. But i didn't get this screen and installation wizard. So please let me know the correct installation procedure.

Please help me here. It's really urgent !!

Thanks,

Rohan Dave

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft