Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rohan 105 posts 162 karma points
    Aug 26, 2014 @ 12:05
    Rohan

uWebshop2 Installation issue in Umbraco 7.1.5

Hi Experts

I have Umbraco 7.1.5 installed on my computer. Now i need to install "uWebshop2" in Umbraco for e-commerce stuff. So i have searched and downleaded "uwebshop2.5.1.0" and trying to load it as "Local Package" in Umbraco. But it's showing below.

"Legacy Property editors detected

This package contains legacy property editors which are not compatible with Umbraco 7

This package may not function correctly if the package developer has not indicated that it is compatible with version 7. Any DataTypes this package creates that do not have a Version 7 compatible property editor will be converted to use a Label/NoEdit property editor."

How to solve this ? If i ignore this and install the package then will it work or not ?

Thanks in advance 

Rohan Dave

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Aug 26, 2014 @ 13:24
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Rohan,

I have just tried make a setup like you descibed like install the Umbraco 7.1.5, and then install the uWebshop 2.5.1.0 package, and even it says:

"Legacy Property editors detected

This package contains legacy property editors which are not compatible with Umbraco 7

This package may not function correctly if the package developer has not indicated that it is compatible with version 7. Any DataTypes this package creates that do not have a Version 7 compatible property editor will be converted to use a Label/NoEdit property editor."

the installation went, well and I could start builing up my shop. I took it a step further and tried to install the matching demo shop package called uwebshop2.5.0.0.demostore.mvc.package.installer.zip, and it went well too, so now I have a demo shop running i uwebshop2.

So in other words I donĀ“t have any problems running Umbraco 7.1.5, and uwebshop2 2.5.1.0, and the demo package together.

Hope this can help you.

/Dennis

• Rohan 105 posts 162 karma points
    Aug 26, 2014 @ 13:35
    Rohan

Hi Dennis 

Thanks for the reply. I have installed it now.

Now i want to create 3 stores in uWebshop. I can create a store but the "StoreCulture" i can see is "English (United States)" and i cannot select any other. I need to set up store for "United Kingdom / Great Britain". So how can i set it ?

Also i need to create 3 Categrories one for each store. So how to create it ?

Can you please let me help here ? I am new to Umbraco & uWebshop

Thanks in advance !

Rohan Dave

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Aug 26, 2014 @ 16:19
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Rohan,

You can set up new StoreCulture for languages United Kingdom and Great Britain.The way you do it is by going to the settings section in Umbraco, and open up the languages folder, and add the two new languages in there, after that these languages should be avible in the dropdown where you choose the StoreCulture, for the shops.

You question about how to create 3 Categrories one for each store, I have treid to see if I could find something to help you. Maybe this post about how to run multi-language shop can help you.

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/uwebshop2/uwebshop2-general-questions/42799-How-to-setup-up-a-multi-language-shop-

Have you see the documentation for the uWebshop2 http://documentation.uwebshop.com/general/

Hope this can help you a step further.

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft