Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• shinsuke nakayama 109 posts 250 karma points
    Aug 29, 2014 @ 04:08
    shinsuke nakayama

Exporting Data Types

Hi guys,

Is it possible to export the data types from one project to another? I'm just about to start on the new project and I noticed that i have to re-create alot of data types that i created in my previous project.

Is this possible?

Thank you,

Shinsuke

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Aug 29, 2014 @ 12:22
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Shinsuke,

Yes it is possible to export data types from one Umbraco installation to another. The way you can do it is by following

First you go to the developer section and the open up the pakcage folder. In this folder you found a folder called created packages. If you right click you can create a new package. When you have done that you need to give your package a name. e.g Custom data types.

After that fill out the basic information that is required, and then click on the tab package content, In there you can tick what you want to include into the package, like templates doucment types, and as you see you can also include data types.

After you have choosen what content you want, then save and publish the package, and go back to the package properties tab there you have now a download link to the package.

After that you can install the package, into the other Umbraco installation, like you normally do when you install local packages.

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/packages-and-projects/how-to-install-a-package

Hope this helps.

If you have other questions. If you have more questions about exporting data types, keep asking.

/Dennis

• Developer 22 posts 123 karma points
    Dec 25, 2018 @ 07:55
    Developer

Hi Dennis,

The link ( http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/packages-and-projects/how-to-install-a-package ) you have given to install the Package is not working.. Any other reference ?

Dec 25, 2018 @ 10:13
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Developer

Depening on which version you are using. If you are 7.6 or later. Then go to the developer section then click on packages

Then in the right corner you will see install og local packages

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Wayne 10 posts 90 karma points
    Dec 04, 2019 @ 08:29
    Wayne

Just seen this thread.

My question is, when I create a package, can I download the zip file without publishing it?

When I click save and publish, is the package available for anyone in the world to view & use?

I need a package to be created that can be only used privately within our business.

Is it possible to do this?

Thanks,

Wayne

Dec 04, 2019 @ 22:08
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Wayne

When you click publish then its still just a package that you can download and add in your set up

The package is not for everyone to download.

All the best,

/Dennis

• Wayne 10 posts 90 karma points
    Dec 05, 2019 @ 08:01
    Wayne

Thanks Dennis :)

Aug 29, 2014 @ 15:09
    shinsuke nakayama

Thank you Dennis,

This was exactly what i was looking for.

Cheers

Shinsuke

Sep 01, 2014 @ 02:34
    shinsuke nakayama

Hi Dennis,

So I went and start creating a packages today and i can't seems to create or save packages.

What I'm doing is packaging some "Data Types" and empty "Document Types".

And when i click on save or publish, i get an following error in the "Package Files"

Remember: .xslt and .ascx files for your macros will be added automaticly, but you will still need to add assemblies, images and script files manually to the list below.

But i don't have any files related to this package. I thought this will be purly some database entries?

Shinsuke

EDIT

Sorry all good now, this wasn't an error message. I didn't enter Author URL, which was causing an issue.

Perhaps maybe make the invalid field to red? currently it just puts black "*" right next to the field and its not noticeable.

• ismini 14 posts 135 karma points
    May 12, 2017 @ 09:07
    ismini

i try to export documents types from my umbraco site but i don't know what i must type in "package url" , "Author name" and "Author url"

May 12, 2017 @ 13:43
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Ismini and welcome to Our :)

You can add the values that you want to. If you donĀ“t have a website then you could for instance use http://www.test.com etc.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft