Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rohan 105 posts 162 karma points
    Aug 29, 2014 @ 15:14
    Rohan

what the use of "Partial Views" under "Settings"

Hi

I am new to Umbraco and don't know about any thing in details.

What is "Partial views" and the what the use of "CSHMTL" pages of "Partial Views" folder in "Settings". Also there are "Stylesheets", "Script" so how and where to use this stuff ?

Also for sample i have created few "Document Types" and linked to them with appropriate document. I have created 3 document type "Home, About Us, Contact Us". "About Us and Contact Us" , i have attched to "Home" node vis "Structure". Appropriate template is already generated. and i ahve added some "Test Contenet" there.

After all this in "Content" seciton i am able to create node for my "Home" document. So i hhve created it and published. Now my question is how can i add hyperlink or link button in my home page ? I want to add "Contact Us" and "About Us" as a Hyperlink or link button. Also how to set URL on hyperlink or link button. 

Currently "Home -> About Us", "Home -> Contact Us" are runnign separately on browser. I want link button or hyperlink, so i clicked on specific and it will load my template.

Thanks,

Rohan Dave

• Alex Skrypnyk 6148 posts 24077 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Aug 29, 2014 @ 16:16
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Rohan,

"Partial View" is the piece of HTML that can be embedded in another "Views" on your site. This folder in Umbraco mapped to the ~/Views/Partials folder in your site.

You can use all these folders for editing files of your site without using file manager.

Thanks, Alex

• Rohan 105 posts 162 karma points
    Aug 29, 2014 @ 17:11
    Rohan

Thanks Alex.. But can you please let me know for below.

Also for sample i have created few "Document Types" and linked to them with appropriate document. I have created 3 document type "Home, About Us, Contact Us". "About Us and Contact Us" , i have attched to "Home" node vis "Structure". Appropriate template is already generated. and i ahve added some "Test Contenet" there.

After all this in "Content" seciton i am able to create node for my "Home" document. So i hhve created it and published. Now my question is how can i add hyperlink or link button in my home page ? I want to add "Contact Us" and "About Us" as a Hyperlink or link button. Also how to set URL on hyperlink or link button. 

Currently "Home -> About Us", "Home -> Contact Us" are runnign separately on browser. I want link button or hyperlink, so i clicked on specific and it will load my template.

Thanks,

Rohan Dave

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft