Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• steven smith 20 posts 130 karma points
    Aug 29, 2014 @ 16:48
    steven smith

publish issue with images

Hey guys i set up my new umbraco 7.1 website to my staging server and had problems with the images.

so i deleted all images and all references and created the images on the server.

However, when it comes to publishing new updates and functionality to the staging server i dont publish images over, instead i leave them out and instead copy the previous media file to the new publish and repoint IIS for the new version.

But this doesnt work, as the publish i created from my Dev local doesnt contain any image references, so niether would this new version even i the media file hasnt changed.

Could someone inform me the correct method of publishing images with umbraco and updating the version without losing the previous image content?

many thanks.

Note: i simply publish my project via visual studio, delete the media folder, delete the webconfig files etc in the root.
    then copy it over to the Staging Server, add my previous mdeia file and webconfig file etc to the new publish, then simply repoint IIS.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft