Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• shinsuke nakayama 109 posts 250 karma points
    Sep 01, 2014 @ 03:23
    shinsuke nakayama

Backoffice timeout really fast after loosing focus on the Browser window

Hi guys,

I have 2 windows open and trying to work side by side. On one window i have Umbraco 7 backoffice open and when switch to different window and come back within a minute, I'm logged out.

Is there anyway to avoid this?

So far i went into "umbracoSettings.config" and made "keepUserLoggedIn" to "false". But this didn't seems to work.

Is there any other configuration i need to change?

Thank you

Shinsuke

EDIT

After loosing the browser focus, and when it calls "GetRemainingTimeoutSeconds", it returns following error

"Authorization has been denied for this request."

• shinsuke nakayama 109 posts 250 karma points
    Sep 01, 2014 @ 04:31
    shinsuke nakayama

Okay, i did little bit more testing and this is a weird one, might be a Umbraco bug.

I currently have 2 web site setup on my IIS.

they are both setup as different website and have different application pool.

If you login to the first website, then login to another and wait for few second. It will log you out from both web site.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Shinsuke

EDIT

This only happens if the user open up the site using same browser. For example, open 2 site in firefox or chrome.
    It works fine if I open the two web-sites in different browser.

• Chad Faurie 1 post 21 karma points
    Sep 28, 2014 @ 09:24
    Chad Faurie

Hi

I feel like i have the same issue, but i cant be sure, i have umbraco setup at a hosting site using shared hosting, I can make a few changes but if the browser refreshes i get a logon popup and in the console i get GET /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoApi/Authentication/GetRemainingTimeoutSeconds 401 (Unauthorized)

I have also tried fiddling with the keepUserLoggedIn and bumped up my logging, but i cant get to my sql server to check the logs nor can i install a package to check the logs because of session time outs

My hosting provider has given me my own app pool to run on and i ahve full permission to my hosting folder, i have tested using their settings that they setup my app pool with on a VM and everything is fine, i cannot replicate the issue on my side, however i havent tried with 2 instances

Changing keepUserLoggedIn has absolutely no change in behavior, i have been monitoring the console and when set to both true or false it makes the call to GetRemainingTimeoutSeconds

Chad.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft