Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Haansi 51 posts 150 karma points
    Sep 03, 2014 @ 05:41
    Haansi

Can we change URL of content?

I have created some contents. I have noticed URL of content is generated automatically based on name of content. Can you please guide me if I can edit URL or enter a custom URL ?Thanks

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Sep 03, 2014 @ 06:27
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Haansi,

You can make use of the property umbracoUrl alias. This might help umbracoUrl.

//fuji

• chakre 1 post 71 karma points
    May 13, 2016 @ 07:45
    chakre

Hi Fuji, I'm working on umbraco 7.4.3 version and in there I couldn't find any property called umbracoUrlAlias. I saw on some online documents there is a tab called Generic property in the document type creation. Now it's not available.

Can you guild me to add a custom url for content page?

Thanks.

Sep 04, 2014 @ 01:33
    Haansi

wow great help Fuji. cheers

• Dallas 132 posts 404 karma points
    Sep 04, 2014 @ 04:10
    Dallas

UmbracoUrl allows you to have multiple urls that a page will respond to but it doesn't change the page url. The umbracoUrlName alias can change the url of a node.

We have used it in the past to change the url of a person's name. In the backoffice we want the node name to be lastname, firstname so they can be sorted in alphabetical order but we want the url segment to be firstname-lastname. We can override the default with umbracoUrlName. So the umbracoUrlName property doesn't have to be manually set for each node we use the Save event to set the umbracoUrlName value.

Newer versions of Umbraco provide another option for overriding the url of a page. You can create a custom urlSegmentProvider to change the url of a page. With the urlSegmentProvider the url is updated on the fly so there is no need to set an alternative value.

Dallas

Sep 05, 2014 @ 01:19
    Haansi

Thanks Dallas

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft