Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rohan 105 posts 162 karma points
    Sep 03, 2014 @ 13:06
    Rohan

Is website user login details appear in Umbraco "Members" section ?

Hi

I am creatinng a small e-commerce website with the help of Umbraco 7.1.6 and uWebshop 2.5.1.0. I need to use User Registration / Sign up page. 

Now my question is do i need to create separate tables in SQL to store website user lgoin details ? or is it handled automatically ?

Suppose i have stored website user login details in my SQL table then is it appear in "Umbraco -> Members"  section ?

Thanks

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Sep 03, 2014 @ 13:11
    Sören Deger

Hi Rohan,

in Members section of Umbraco 7 every member has this default properties:

• Failed Password Attempts 
    • Is Approved
    • Is Locked Out
    • Last Lockout Date
    • Last Login Date
    • Last Password Change Date
    Create a member and look on it in member section ;-)
    Sören
    Sep 03, 2014 @ 13:18
    Rohan

Hi Soren

Thanks for yoru reply.

I agree with you, i have created one member let says "abcTest".  Now where the real use of this member "abcTest" ?

Where can i use this member "abcTest" ? can you please let me know. Umbraco is totally new to me. So don't know much on it.

Thanks !

Sep 03, 2014 @ 13:30
    Sören Deger

Hi Rohan,

this is very extensive.

A short basic overview:
    There are two different things in umbraco: Users and members, Users are for the Umbraco backend. Members you can use for a password protected frontend.

To protect a site in frontend you can select the corresponding content node in backend and click on "Public access". Now you can choose between "Single user protection" and "Role based protection". If you use "Role based protection" then your member must have a specific member group.

You can read and use the member properties i.e. with the MemberService (http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Reference/Management-v6/Services/MemberService). There are a MemberTypeService and MemberGroupService, too.

There are a many stuff on our.umbraco.org and video tutorials on http://www.umbraco.tv. ;

Hope this helps

Sören

Sep 03, 2014 @ 13:33
    Sören Deger

And another note:
    If you create a new partial view macro file in Developer section you can choose a snippet for login, loginstatus and registerMember.

Sep 03, 2014 @ 13:56
    Rohan

Hi Soren 

Thanks again.

As per your last post i have added login snippet and created the MACRO. Later on i have added that macro to my template and it's shows the Login screen with "Username && Password". 

Now i enter any username && password and click on "Login" button then where it validates the user name and password. In some SQL Tables or in Umbraco -> Members ?

Another thing, i have added login / register member snippet in "Partial View Macro" and i think i can customize the the ".cshtml" file, the main thing here is , suppose for "Register Member", currently it provides me "Username, Email, Password" Now i need user enter their birth date, sex etc during registration. So how to customize the "Model (registermodel)". Because once i have these properties "birthdate, sex" etc in model then only i can use it in my ".cshtml" in view.

So please let me know about this as well.

Sep 03, 2014 @ 14:32
    Sören Deger

Hi Rohan,

the umbraco membership provider based on the standard .net membership provider. All data from member section is saved in any sql tables of your umbraco database.

You can add properties to your member in the same way as you add properties to document types. You can add member types in member section and add custom properties to your member type(s). If you have add one ore more custom properties you see in info tab of your member type a table with your custom properties. Here you can select the "Member can edit" checkbox. If you save now and reload your register form in frontend the form shows automatically input fields for your new custom properties without changes in .cshtml.

Sören

Sep 03, 2014 @ 16:20
    Rohan

Hi Soren

Thanks !

As per your last post , i have added two properties "Birthdate with DatePicker and Gender with dropdown" and also select "Member can edit" check box for this two newly added fields.

Now It's appear on my page. But "Birthdate" is display with "TEXTBOX" not with Date picker where user select the date. Same way for "Gender" is also display with "TEXTBOX" it's not showing "Dropdown". 

If i create a new member form UMBRACO backend "Members -> Create" then it's allow to select the date from Date picker and Gender (Male / Female) from dropdown. But when try to create member from web page then not working.

how to achieve this ?

Can you please help here ?

Thanks,

Rohan Dave

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft