Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• lj 81 posts 425 karma points
    Sep 03, 2014 @ 13:23
    lj

angularjs property editor problem

Hi All,

ive created a property editor using angualrjs.

What i am trying to now do is when the user clicks 'save and publish' make an ajax call (through a service) to a web api. depending on what is returned i will then set the $scope.model.value to a value for umbraco to automagically save it.

to do this i have hooked into the method $scope.$on("formSubmitting", function (ev, args) {....} in my controller. This is the only way I know of doing this is there any other?

The problem is that by the time the ajax call returns umbarco has already saved the $scope.model.value value. is there a way of forcing the $scope.$on method to wait on the ajax request returning before saving. If not how would you go about implementing this process.

thanks

lj

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Sep 03, 2014 @ 13:27
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi lj

Could you perhaps share your full code? I think it can perhaps speed up things if people can see the context.

Cheers, Jan

• lj 81 posts 425 karma points
    Sep 03, 2014 @ 13:38
    lj

hi there,

here you go.

controller ----

angular.module("umbraco").controller("IsApprovedController", function ($scope, isapprovedResource, $routeParams) {

var confirmationEmail = false; 

if ($scope.model.value.confirmationEmail != '' && $scope.model.value.confirmationEmail == true) {

confirmationEmail = true;    

}

if ($scope.model.value.approved != '' && $scope.model.value.approved == true) {

$scope.model.approved = true;

}

else {

$scope.model.approved = false;

}

//$scope.change = function () {        

//}; 

$scope.$on("formSubmitting", function (ev, args) {        

$scope.model.value = { approved: $scope.model.approved, confirmationEmail: confirmationEmail };

console.log(confirmationEmail); console.log(' 2');

if ($scope.model.approved && !confirmationEmail) {

//user has approved for the first time so send confirmation email and set flag

isapprovedResource.SendIsApprovedEmail($routeParams.id).then(function (response) {                               

if(response.data == '\"OK\"')

{

confirmationEmail = true;

$scope.model.value = { approved: $scope.model.approved, confirmationEmail: confirmationEmail };

console.log(confirmationEmail); console.log(' 1');

}

else {

alert("Alert email was not sent please try again!!");

}                

});            

}                               

})

});

heres the html-----

isapprovedResource.SendIsApprovedEmail is a service that returns "OK" as a string. 

basically this saves a json string like {  "approved": false,  "confirmationEmail": false } to the cmsPropertyData table. once the email has been sent confirmationEmail = true and it wont be sent again.

thanks

lj

• Alain 73 posts 520 karma points c-trib
    Sep 27, 2014 @ 10:06
    Alain

Hi lj,

I think Umbraco uses angular js validation for forms validation: http://docs.angularjs.org/guide/forms

Alain

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft