Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Shane 40 posts 193 karma points
    Sep 03, 2014 @ 21:08
    Shane

Can't log in to Umbraco - Version 7.1.4

I hadn't used the Umbraco setup on my dev machine for a few weeks but now I can't login at all. The public site works so I don't think there is a problem connecting to the DB - it's just the admin section I'm having trouble with.

After searching arround I have tried:

Resetting my password to the hashed version of "default"
    Changing the passwordFormat to "Clear"
    Logging in using both the userLogin and userEmail
    Clearing my cookies

Still no luck. If anybody has any other suggestions I could try it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Sep 03, 2014 @ 22:03
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Shane,

Maybe your user has been locked down. It happens if password is mistyped couple of time in a time window period.

To check that, you can verify the table umbracoUser. If the field userNoConsole is True then you must update to False and recycle app pool.

Hope this helps.

/Dennis

• Shane 40 posts 193 karma points
    Sep 03, 2014 @ 23:59
    Shane

Dennis, thank you so much for your answer! userNoConsole was true. Any idea what the difference between userNoConsole and userDisabled is? Setting it to false and then changing the passwordFormat to "Clear" finally solved it for me.

Many thanks

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Sep 04, 2014 @ 00:50
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Shane,

Great to hear that you again are able to login in to the Umbraco backoffice.

I think that the difference between userNoConsole and userDisabled is that the userNoConsole is used for lock down the user for a time period, beause he had tried login in to many times. It´s done to prevent hackers just try to type your username and password to your backoffice unlimited times.

The userDisabled is the column that are used when you in the back office go to the users section, and disables a user from the Umbraco backoffice permanent.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft