Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tarunjit 103 posts 146 karma points
    Sep 04, 2014 @ 14:27
    Tarunjit

Umbraco Permissions Issue

Hi All,

We have started analyzing Umbraco7.1.4 version and noticed below mentioned issue related to “Default Permissions” section of “User Type” module.

1. Logged in to “Umbraco” as admisnitrator, and created a new user and assigned UserType as “Editor” to that user.
    2. We then moved to “UserType” section and choose “Editor” UserType. On “Default Permissions” section we simply uncheck the “Publish” and “Delete” checkboxes.
    3.  After that we logged of from “Umbraco”.
    4. Then we logged in to Umbraco with that user which was selected as “Editor” UserType, and go the “Content” section and created the new page. We were able to “Publish” and “Delete” that page. We then restart the IIS and also cleared the browser history many times but it didn’t work, we were still able to “Publish” and “Delete” the pages. But after some time we noticed that we were not able to “Publish” and “Delete” the pages, which seems very weird.
    5. After that we logged off from Umbraco and again logged in to “Umbraco” as “Administrator”. Now we again went to  “User Type” Editor and check “Delete” and “Publish” check boxes and saved the settings and then logged off from Umbraco
    6. Now we logged in to Umbraco with Editor usertype, and created a new page but noticed that we were neither able to “Publish” nor “Delete” that page. We have restarted the IIS many times, and also cleared the browser history many times.
    7.  After some time say 20 minutes we again logged in to Umbraco with Editor usertype, and were able to able to “Publish” and “Delete” that pag
    8. Can anyone please let us know why Umbraco is behaving in a weird way, i.e. why Umbraco take some time to make changes related to rights effective?

Just for your information we are using Umbraco 7.1.4 version.

Please help us on this.

Regards

Tarunjit Singh

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Sep 04, 2014 @ 15:12
    Steve Morgan

Try the same test with Chrome tools open (to not use the cache). There are a number of issues with Chrome's agressive caching like this. It seems like a serious bug but remember that you're doing something that user wouldn't do. 

Sep 05, 2014 @ 08:00
    Tarunjit

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the response.

This issue seems to be related to Umbraco and not browser cache. Here are our findings for this :-

1. Reason we are saying this is because we revoke (Delete, Publish) rights from UserType Editor on Mozilla on one machine.
    2. We then logged in to Umbraco from some other machine with credentials of User Type Editor and find that user was still able to “Publish and Delete” the page.
    3. We then waited for 20 minutes and again logged in Umbraco with credentials of User Type Editor and find that user was now not able to “Publish and Delete” the page.
    4. This issue seems to be very weird. Can you also please confirm if you are also facing the same issue or we are doing something wrong here?

Just for your information we are using Umbraco 7.1.4 version.

Regards

Tarunjit Singh

Sep 05, 2014 @ 14:42
    Tarunjit

Hi All,

Can any one please help me on this?

Regards

Tarunjit Singh

• Mark Gil Libres 24 posts 113 karma points
    Sep 30, 2014 @ 12:22
    Mark Gil Libres

Hi All,

I also got permission problems on Umbraco 7.1.4. This may not be exactly the same scenario with the original issue, but I think it is related. All of a sudden, our editors were unable to publish the page after clicking on "Save and Publish" button. It just saves the page but not publish. As an administrator, I can see their changes on the back office. We have waited for hours and days, but seems like not a cache problem. But when I clicked on "Save and Publish" as an admin (without changing anything), the updates are shown on the pages.

Can someone look into this please?

Thanks, markg

Oct 02, 2014 @ 08:26
    Mark Gil Libres

I was able to find a workaround with this problem.. I went to each user and change their types to "Administrator".. then save.. then change the type back to "Editor" and then save.. the users now are able to do "save and Publish"..

Oct 12, 2014 @ 14:31
    Mark Gil Libres

our problem is back again... this seems to happen with Umbraco 7.l.4 on Windows Azure where non-administrator users were able to save the content but they're not published (clicking on the "Save and Publish" button)... is this something to do with the cache? if so, why is it only working with Administrator accounts?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft