Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Galina 44 posts 258 karma points
    Sep 05, 2014 @ 06:18
    Galina

How can I see content of Parent pages in Umbraco Backoffice?

I.m very sorry for duplicating the topic, but I've mark as deсision is not the answer. The original question was:

Hello.

I'm very sorry for my stupid question. But is it possible to see parent content in a child page?

I've create template (using webforms) with

<umbraco:Item field="PageLeft" recursive="true"  runat="server" />

And in parent page (PageLeft=RTE) add some macroses. Is it possible somehow (maybe using plugins?) see these macroses (and edit them) in child content page?

The most important addition is: my content managers want to see parent content in child pages in Umbraco Backoffice. Is it possible?

• John C Scott 473 posts 1183 karma points
    Sep 05, 2014 @ 14:08
    John C Scott

it is possible, but it depends on what you want them to be able to do with it.

just view it or pick or select it in some way

if you want to pick it then some of the nuPickers allow you to use xpath - in which case selecting content from the parent to appear would be straightforward

I'm wondering if you could maybe also use the nuPicker Custom Label to just view it possibly, or this may require a fairly simple data type to be developed - might be quite a useful one - I've done things like this in the past to content manage parts of the back office it worked well - I wonder if it would be a useful package or possibly does something like that already exists

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft