Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rohan 105 posts 162 karma points
    Sep 05, 2014 @ 10:11
    Rohan

allow admin to upload image with title, description etc

Hi

I have the requirement on my website to create one admin panel, where admin can log in and they can upload the image on some spicified location on hard disk with some details like (title, description etc) and later on if required they can see the list of uploaded image and can edit title, description etc.

I know if i need to do everything at DOT NET side then i can. But i want to know is it possibel in Umbraco ? I mean can i define the document type, template etc and buid the image upload entry && Uploaded image listing screen ? 

Below is my requirement

Image upload entry screen

Image Title, Description, Image upload (browse) button, "Submit" button to upload selected image.

Uploaded image list screen

Title, Description, Image,  (Edit / Delete) link button.

Please help me here

Thanks in advance

Rohan Dave

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Sep 05, 2014 @ 10:30
    Sören Deger

Hi Rohan,

the simplest way to do is the following:

1. Create a admin-user in user section and allowed access to media section if you will not use the super admin user account.

2. Add your custom properties to the image media type in developer section --> media types

3. Now you can use the standard upload screen in media section to upload your images and set the values to your custom fields.

Sören

• Rohan 105 posts 162 karma points
    Sep 05, 2014 @ 10:39
    Rohan

Hi Soren

thanks for your reply.

Got it what you are saying.

Now one question here, does admin need to log in to Umbraco and upload the image etc from Umbraco backoffice OR from my custom web page ?

Another thing is about below requirement where admin can see all the uploaded images and can edit (title, Description, change image etc) it as well.

Uploaded image list screen

Title, Description, Image,  (Edit / Delete) link button

Can you please guide here ?

Thanks

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Sep 05, 2014 @ 10:56
    Sören Deger

Hi Rohan,

admin need to login in to umbraco. You can create a root node (folder) for every user in media section and set this root node in user section as start node for the user. Now if you have more then one user, every user see only the media files under your start root node in media section.

Another way is to use the frontend: You must use the members instead users and protect your nodes in content section. You can use the MediaService  (http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Reference/Management-v6/Services/MediaService) to upload and save images with your custom properties in media section. 

You can create an images list screen for frontend with xslt or razor.

There are a snippet for "Gallery" on Partial View Macro Files that you can use.

The media files are shown, if everyone knows the url of an file. There are no protect function in media section, only in content section. But there are this nice package to implement the protect function in media section, too: 
    http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/media-protect

Sören

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft