Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mads Peter Henderson 3 posts 23 karma points
    Sep 05, 2014 @ 14:03
    Mads Peter Henderson

V7.2 build 133 Can't get tags to work

Hi.

First of all, I am new to Umbraco, so this might just be me doing things wrong.

I am trying to use the Tags datatype to create a taxonomy for my content.

So what I did was create a new Documenttype and add a generic property of Type Tags.

When I create new content based on the documenttype, my property displays and asks me to "Type to add tags" in a typeahead input field.

I am allowed to type what ever i want, but nothing gets saved. I do not get any type ahead suggestions either, but that is not supprising, since I haven't been able to create any tags.

I cant see any javascript errors in the console.

Is there something I am missing in my setup, og is this a bug in the bleading edge version?

Thx in advance

Mads

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Sep 05, 2014 @ 14:23
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mads and welcome to our :)

When you write something do you then hit "Enter" when you finish writing?

The way the datatype is working is a bit tricky but if I remember correctly you need to either hit enter or simply hit space so you can write more tags at a time. Then each time either enter or space is hit the tag should be saved and be visible...

Hope this helps and makes sense.

/Jan

Sep 08, 2014 @ 09:18
    Mads Peter Henderson

Hi Jan.

It does make sense, after looking into the angular code for the editor I think I see how it is intended to work.

I think there is a bug here, which is related to getting the input to support a number of different features with type ahead, and Facebook style tags.

In my setup I haven't created any tags yet. So there are no type ahead suggestions that I can pick from using enter or space.

When I look at the addTag function in the controller one thing looks "off". The enter key is assumed used (which is kind of a counter intuitive, when you are not selecting an existing tag, but editors can be taught how to do that I guess).Shouldn't it be enter or space, in stead of just enter?

I have been trying to set a breakpoint in this function, and it is never reached. So I changed the tags.html file from:

<input type="text"
    class="typeahead tags-{{model.alias}}"
    ng-model="$parent.tagToAdd"
    ng-keydown="$parent.addTag($event)"
    placeholder="Type to add tags.." />

to

input type="text"
    class="typeahead tags-{{model.alias}}"
    ng-model="tagToAdd"
    ng-keydown="addTag($event)"
    placeholder="Type to add tags.." />

Which does seem to work partly. At least now the addTag function is called at key down. Unfortunately the input field is cleared somehow after each keydown event, so when I finally get around to hitting enter, there are no tags to add.

I am kind of lost in where to look for the code that cleares the input field prematurely :-(

Can you confirm if this is a bug, or am I just missing some kind of setup for the tags to work?

Sep 09, 2014 @ 08:09
    Mads Peter Henderson

Update. I installed the 136 nightly, and the propertyeditor works better, but not flawless now.

I am able to create tags now, but the type ahead suggestions are acting strange. Only some of the existing tags are displayed, and the current input is not used to filter the results.

Example.

Existing tags:

xxxx
    yyyy
    zzzz
    xxyy
    xxzz

If I type 'xx' I would expect the type ahead to suggest the tags 'xxxx', 'xxyy' and 'xxzz'. But in my case I always get 'xxxx', 'yyyy' and 'zzzz' (which happens to be the 3 first tags I created), no mater what I type, and never the later added tags.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Sep 09, 2014 @ 08:17
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mads

Ok, seems like it's acting a bit buggy in the 7.2 alpha - It may be due to the fact that it is an alpha version but I think it might be a good idea to file a bug report on the issue tracker at http://issues.umbraco.org - And if you know the fix, I'm certain the HQ will give you a lot of friendly thoughts if you make a pull request so it can get corrected in the core :)

Cheers, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft