Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• AdrianLove 11 posts 33 karma points
    Sep 09, 2014 @ 06:15
    AdrianLove

Umbraco 7.1.1 - Link to File not treating "Folder" Media types as Folders

Hi Developers, 

Using the core  "Link to File" document picker in the content page WYSIWYG  is not treating my Folders as the media type Folder. When a user tries to link to a PDF inside a folder, clicking on the folder selects the folder for linking into the content which is undesireable. I went and created a new Folder media type and it worked as expected but now I have a large media collection and do not want to move it file by file. 

Is there any way to modify the folder media items in the database so that it is treated like a Folder by the core Media Picker? I see that a "convert media item" dialog isn't available like there is a "convert content item" for content items. 

Just to note, my Folder media type has some extra properties attached, would this be effecting the process? Allow at root, enable list view and allowed child nodes are all ticked.

Thanks.

• AdrianLove 11 posts 33 karma points
    Sep 09, 2014 @ 08:59
    AdrianLove

After some investigation it appers that the Folder type will not allow you to enter it if it has an upload field attached, in this situation I had an Image Gallery Thumbnail upload field in a folder than contained that Image Gallery's Images and it was not letting me go into any Folder because I had added an upload field to the folder. 

Hope this helps someone.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft