Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rohan 105 posts 162 karma points
    Sep 09, 2014 @ 09:25
    Rohan

how to work with existing websites html, css, js in Umbraco ?

Hi

I need to prepare design of existing website in Umbraco 7.1.6 by creating document type, template, css, scripts etc.

I got full HTML pages with complete design, css etc and need to integrate it on Umbraco 7.1.6.

I have integrated my "index.html" on Umbraco and generated the ".cshtml" and it's also appearing in browser. Now the problem starts.

On my "index.html" pages i have menus -> submenus. "Submenus" also open other "html" pages. So how to convert / integrate it in Umbraco "cshtml".

For Ex. "Blog" is main menu. Under this "Blog" menu there are sub menus like "Single Post", "Standard". Both this sub menu open "html" pages.

Now how to do this with Umbraco "cshtml" ?

I am totally new to umbraco and stuck at this point.

Any help, suggestion would be highly appreciated !

Thanks

Rohan

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Sep 09, 2014 @ 10:01
    Dan Lister

Hi Rohan,

I would recommend watching this video. It provides a good example of how to create a dynamic navigation script based off your content tree. The video uses version 6 but the same principles still apply to version 7.

Thanks, Dan.

Sep 09, 2014 @ 11:33
    Rohan

Hi Dan

thanks for the reply.

But right now i don't need full falg code of razor mvc etc.

Right now i need to show only static content whatever exist in "html".

Once design approved i need to start work on it with razor mvc c# coding etc.

like in current "index.html", i have "Blog" as main menu under the "Blog" there are "Sing Post" and "Standard" defined as "<a href="singlpost.html">Single Post</a>" like that so once i click on "Single Post" , i show me "singlepost.html" page. Same way i need to do it in Umbraco.

any quick way is there ?

Thanks

Sep 09, 2014 @ 13:00
    Dan Lister

Hi Rohan,

If I've understood you correctly, you've created your home page template and now want to create a blog page template? If so, just follow the same process as your home page template. You'll probably want to create a new blog page document type which uses the blog page template. That way, you'll be able to create an instance of the document type so that you can view the template.

Thanks, Dan.

Sep 09, 2014 @ 13:14
    Rohan

Hi Dan

Yes correct. I have created home page template from given "index.html" page. The "html" was given by the client. 

Okay i will create the blog template and document type etc.

But in my home page template to open a sub menu , i have this html anchor <a> tag in it "<a href="singlpost.html">Single Post</a>". So do i need to remove this  html <a> anchor tag ? If yes then what i need to place there ?

Sep 09, 2014 @ 13:15
    Dan Lister

Hi Rohan,

If you aren't too bothered about the template being dynamic, you can just replace the url of your link with the url of the blog page instance you created in the content tree.

Thanks, Dan.

Sep 10, 2014 @ 14:19
    Rohan

Hi Dan 

Thanks now got it what you are saying.

It's working now.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft