Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sam 184 posts 209 karma points
    Sep 09, 2014 @ 15:44
    Sam

New to Umbraco 7, quick hello

Hi everyone,

I was an Umbraco fan a few years back (umbraco 4 I think) when I got a bunch of help from Chriztian with xslt (I can see he's still about somewhere, great guy!). Been using Drupal and considered jumping into Django but have returned to my old (and my first CMS) favourite instead.

Just installed via web matrix and have to say it looks sweet on my localhost! Can't wait to watch some vids/read some tutorials and get some stuff up and running. I also see now I can use xslt or razor. Not sure if razor will work locally using web matrix or not but better get some basics down first, data types, document types, templates, it's been awhile.

Anyway, thought I'd best say hello before starting to ask questions :)

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Sep 09, 2014 @ 16:13
    Dan Lister

Hi Sam and welcome back :)

You should find that razor scripts will work with web matrix locally. If not, ask a question and I'm sure some one will be willing to help.

Thanks, Dan.

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Sep 09, 2014 @ 17:04
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi Sam, welcome back!

A few links for you:

Razor and MVC are the recommend way for templating and adding render logic from Umbraco content since v4.10.

Jeavon

• Comment author was deleted

Sep 09, 2014 @ 17:15

Btw on tv the fundamentals part is free to watch http://umbraco.tv/videos/umbraco-v7/implementor/fundamentals , should start with getting you back up to speed :)

• Sam 184 posts 209 karma points
    Sep 09, 2014 @ 20:29
    Sam

Making me feel very welcome again, thanks everyone.

(will check out the links)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft