Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Abu Ali Muhammad sharjeel 13 posts 74 karma points
    Sep 11, 2014 @ 08:59
    Abu Ali Muhammad sharjeel

Deleted content is coming in CurrentPage.Children()

I am using Umbraco 7.1.4 with my sql

CurrentPage.Children() function is also returning the deleted content. Even the data was deleted from the database.

After spending a lot time in Visual Studio while debuging I found "~/App_Data/umbraco.config" file.

umbraco.config had all the content in xml format, I deleted that nodes which i had already deleted from backoffice then CurrentPage.Children() function worked correctly.

What is this issue?

• John C Scott 473 posts 1183 karma points
    Sep 11, 2014 @ 11:15
    John C Scott

This file is the cache file. It usually gets updated after publishing documents. It makes access to the data layer faster avoiding the need to query the database for every page access. Normally you wouldn't need to worry about updating the cache file. The pages you delete are you deleting these in the back office via the user interface?This would normally update the xml cache and if it is not updating there may be a problem. Are you sharing a database between several application servers (eg load balancing or several dev users) ? Where there is more than one web server per database it can cause changes to the database which do not trigger an update to the cache.

• Abu Ali Muhammad sharjeel 13 posts 74 karma points
    Sep 14, 2014 @ 11:24
    Abu Ali Muhammad sharjeel

Thank, my issue is solved and the information is really helpfull for me.

• John C Scott 473 posts 1183 karma points
    Sep 15, 2014 @ 10:49
    John C Scott

You're very welcome, glad to be able to help and I hope you have many happy development days with Umbraco :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft