Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rohan 105 posts 162 karma points
    Sep 11, 2014 @ 09:18
    Rohan

how to set default / index page in Content ?

Hi

Below is my content sturcture

Wall

• Blog
    • About Us
    • Contact Us

Here (Wall) points to my "Home" page document type and in the "Home" template i have may html master stuff (css, design, image, scripts, (blog, Abous Us, Contact Us) links) etc.

As per this my post (http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/56178-how-to-publish-umbraco-Content-on-server?p=0#comment192541) i have published my content on IIS. 

Now for example when i browse with my link like "www.abcd.com" it's throwing the error "Page not found. No template exists to render the document at url '/' "

What I need is , when i enter the url on browser it should open my home / index page. Here content (Wall) is my home page.

Can you please help me here how to set it up ?

Thanks,

Rohan Dave

• Garret 68 posts 308 karma points
    Sep 11, 2014 @ 09:57
    Garret

Hi Ronan.

If you go to the properties of "Wall" what do you see as the property "link to document"? It should be "/". 
    Next step is to check if you an template for wall, so something should be selected for the property "tempate" 

If you don't have a template create one under settings/templates and add it as a allowed template for "Wall"-documenttype under settings/documenttypes

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Garret

Sep 11, 2014 @ 10:18
    Rohan

Hi Garret

Thanks for your guidance.

The link to document of "wall" is showing "/UmbracoCMSDevelopment/wall". Here "UmbracoCMSDevelopment" is my site / project name in which i have defined everything document type , template, stylesheet, scripts, images , Content etc.

If i run with my IP address like "http://1.1.1.1/UmbracoCMSDevelopment/wall" then my home page is appearing and from there i can navigate through other pages.

I have domain name with me and edit the bindings in IIS as well. Also i have tried with Umbraco back office.

Content (Wall) -> click on "Actions" -> click on "Culture and Hostnames" ->  Enter the domain like (dev.abc.co.uk) -> Click on "Save"

Now when i check the Properties of "Wall" and "Link To Document" then it's showing "http://dev.abc.co.uk/UmbracoCMSDevelopment/wall". 

Then i , Click on "Actions" ->  Click on "Publish" -> select the check box "Publish wall and it's all subpages" -> Click on "Publish"

After all this no luck.

I also don't want my site / project name (UmbracoCMSDevelopment) in URL. Once user click on "http://dev.abc.co.uk" , It should have to open may home page.

Please help me here.

Thanks in advance !

Rohan Dave

Sep 11, 2014 @ 10:26
    Garret

Hi Rotan,

Is the umbraco website in another website/visual studio project or do you run it via your local IIS as a virtual application?

Can you post a screenhost of you tree, because I'm wondering what structure you have if wall is not your homepage. If it were your homepage the url should be http://dev.abc.co.uk/UmbracoCMSDevelopment/" at least

See a screenshot of a website of mine, where you can see that the root document has the link "/" 

Kind regards,
    Garret

Sep 11, 2014 @ 10:45
    Rohan

Hi Garret

Yes the umbraco website is in another website (DefaultWebSite) in IIS.  Using a WebMatrix , i have generated website with Umbraco CMS with site name as (UmbracoCMSDevelopment). So i have made all the changes in this website and then create a website in "DefaultWebSite" in ISS with "UmbracoCMSDevelopment".

Below is my screen shot of Umbraco backoffice content of my "Wall" stuff.

Now as i need to give URL with domain to my client. I have created another site in IIS with name "(CreateAWall)" and edit the "Bindings" with domain name etc and copy all the folders of (UmbracoCMSDevelopment) to this new website (CreateAWall).

Right now both UmbracoCMSDevelopment and CreateAWall both is on my IIS on server.

Is the structure i have set missing any thing ?

Thanks,

Rohan Dave

Sep 11, 2014 @ 11:15
    Garret

Hi Ronan,

Where do you end up if you click the link on the property "Link to document" and do you also have a template for the documentType WallHome

Kind regards,
    Garret 

Sep 11, 2014 @ 11:39
    Rohan

Hi Garret

When i click the "Link to document", it open up this "http://1.1.1.1/UmbracoCMSDevelopment/create-a-wall"

I simply want same thing when i enter URL on browser (dev.abc.co.uk). It should have to open "/create-a-wall" home page.

Do i need to create another new website (with name "dev.abc.co.uk) and point it to my ISS -> Site -> CreateAWall ? As domain (dev.abc.co.uk) assign to this "CreateAWall" site ?

Or

i can assign existing Umbraco Website to any site in IIS ?

Thanks in advance !

Rohan Dave

Sep 11, 2014 @ 13:05
    Garret

Hi Rohan,

I'n not exactly sure what you're tyring to do and my knowlegde of IIS managment is a bit rusty.

But if you want your umbracosite, which is available in a subdirectory of another site, as I understand, to be available on the root of a domain.

I would create a new website in IIS assign the domain to that site and point the directory to the subdirectory (/Createwall) of the other site.

After you've done this, see what the Link to document property is.

Success!
    Garret 

Sep 11, 2014 @ 13:22
    Rohan

Hi Garret

Thanks a lot for your help and guidance !

I have solved it now.  Actually i have copied the content (all folders) of my existing (UmbracoCMSDevelopment) to my "CreateAWall" site. 

Then i go to the folder "CreateAWall" and open it with new site in Webmatrix. Run it localy and then refresh the applicaiton in IIS and it's woring with my domain :-)

also it's opening up by default my index page. :-)

Thanks again !

Rohan

Sep 11, 2014 @ 14:06
    Garret

Hi Ronan,

Glad to be of help, you can close the ticket by marking one of the replies as the solution, and also karma is always appreciated:)

Kind regards,

Garret

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft