Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Garret 68 posts 308 karma points
    Sep 11, 2014 @ 09:52
    Garret

umbracoapicontroller very slow on complex object

Hi,

I'm building a website which uses angular for some parts for example filtering and sorting of a list of products

I'm using an umbracoapicontroller to return the list of products.(For context: I get the products and properties which can also be umbraco documents. And transform them to a product-viewmodel and also viewmodels for some of the properties)

The initial load is about 4 seconds, as in time at begining of apicontroller action compared to the end time in the apicontroller. After implementing a cache this is minimized to 0.02 seconds.

The problem is in the time between the end of the controller and de angular-service getting the response. (which by the way is json-format) This can be somewhere between 4 to 6 seconds. But I don't know what's exactly happening there. De tracelog doesn't provide me with any feedback when set to debug. 

The json-object is not big, it's around 25Kb, so it isn't the amount of data.

Questions:

1. It's on dev-environment with debugging on, could this be the cause
    2. Where to look for a solution, does anybody has some experience with this?
    3. Could it be that the json serializer has difficulties with the complexity of the object?
    4. Could something in the (umbraco)apicontroller responsible for the lag?

Any help is appreciated.

Greetings,

Garret

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft