Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Evans 86 posts 116 karma points
    Sep 11, 2014 @ 15:47
    Mark Evans

dynamic modules

im coding a system whereby pieces of content (widgets) can be added to the page by editors and laid out according to their widths... this is simply 3,6,9 or 12 cols for a 12 col max width row....

code is straightforward but just having a few issues....

firstly im trying to cast an ipublishedcontent property to an interger to increment my widthcol counter but getting an error "input string was not in the corect format..

int widgetWidth = Convert.ToInt32(widget.GetPropertyValue("widgetWidth"));

More of an issue is when a module exceeds the 12 col width i want to start a new line ( a div to clear) but not sure how i would do this....

i presume i could either create a property on my widget doctype then set this on the model prior to being passed to the relevant partial view... or is there a way to pass some html string (ie the <div class="clear"></div> as an overlaod in the partial view call  ?

my code is:

foreach (IPublishedContent widget in widgets)
                            {
                                // get the widget width
                                int widgetWidth = 3; //Convert.ToInt32(widget.GetPropertyValue("widgetWidth"));
                                rowColumnWidth = rowColumnWidth + widgetWidth;

if (rowColumnWidth <= maxRowColumnWidth)
                                {                               
                                    // get the widget name
                                    var widgetname = widget.GetPropertyValue("widgetPicker").ToString().Replace(" ", "");
                                    // add widget to get the correct partial view
                                    var partialviewName = widgetname + "Widget";
                                    // call the partial view with the model object
                                    Html.RenderPartial(partialviewName, widget);
                                }
                                else
                                {
                                    // reset width
                                    rowColumnWidth = widgetWidth;
                                    // output a new line to start a new row
                                    ?????????????????????????????
                                    // get the widget name
                                    var widgetname = widget.GetPropertyValue("widgetPicker").ToString().Replace(" ", "");
                                    // add widget to get the correct partial view
                                    var partialviewName = widgetname + "Widget";
                                    // call the partial view with the model object
                                    Html.RenderPartial(partialviewName, widget);
                                }

}        

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft