Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rohan 105 posts 162 karma points
    Sep 11, 2014 @ 16:54
    Rohan

how to define document /template which allow editor to enter the blog

Hi

I am using Umbraco 7.1.6.

I need to allow my admin to create / enter as many blog as he want from Umbraco back office and then that blog will appear on frontend website. So user can see it.

In Blog template i need below fields

• Blog Title
    • Blog Description
    • Blog Category (dropdown)
    • Blog Create Date Time

So once admin enter the blog detail and save the blog from Umbraco back office, it will appear on my web site.

Once admin save the blog , where it's stored ? How can i access the blog detail at my frontend web site using MVC (cshtml) ?

So how to achieve it ?

It's really urgent. So can someone please guide me here ?

Thanks in advance!

Rohan Dave

• Steve Morgan 1348 posts 4457 karma points c-trib
    Sep 11, 2014 @ 17:01
    Steve Morgan

You want these stored as Umbraco content nodes or in a separate table? 

If in Umbraco then create two doc types - "Blog parent" and "Blog Item", then a macro "ListBlogItems" and put this in the blog parent template.

If that doesn't make sense, follow this guide http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Using-Umbraco/Creating-Basic-Site/ and you should be able to follow my notes above. 

• Rohan 105 posts 162 karma points
    Sep 11, 2014 @ 17:29
    Rohan

Hi Steven

Thanks for the reply.

I think these should be stored as a Umbraco content nodes. 

What's the best way to store ? As Umbraco content nodes or in separte table ? 

If i store in Table then also , admin can enter the blog from Umbraco CMS backoffice and do i need to create document type, template etc ? 

If store as Umbraco content node then how can i show / display it on my website at front end ?

Thanks,

Rohan Dave

• Steve Morgan 1348 posts 4457 karma points c-trib
    Sep 11, 2014 @ 18:25
    Steve Morgan

Hi,

Sorry absolutely all as Umbraco Content - I think the first time I read your post  I read it as a forum not blog! Definitely you need to store them as nodes this will allow editors to create new ones and administer them.

I'd recommend you create a tree structure that looks something like:

Blog (Blog parent)
     -  July 2014 (Blog Container)
    - An interesting blog post (Blog Item)
    - Something else here (Blog Item)
    - Another July Post (Blog Item)
    - August 2014 (Blog Container)
    ....  (Blog Item)

This will give you URLs like www.mydomain.com/blog/july-2014/an-interesting-blog-post

When you first come to use Umbraco getting started can be confusing (we on this forum talk about Document Types and templates and Partial Macros.. ) I think you need to go through that guide http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Using-Umbraco/Creating-Basic-Site/   when you  get to the Articles and Artilces Parent section http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Using-Umbraco/Creating-Basic-Site/Articles-Parent-and-Article-Items  you'll get a basic example of exactly what you need (minus the month containers but that is just another document type and you just allow this as a child node under your parent and then the articles under these.

To display content then you need to create a Partial View Macro and include this in your Blog parent template - again the guide above will take you through this... follow that and if you still have questions fire them over!  

Good luck! 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft