Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Haansi 51 posts 150 karma points
    Sep 12, 2014 @ 01:56
    Haansi

Working with non-Umbraco data in MVC + Umbraco project ?

I m working on a project that has MVC 4 and Umbraco CMS installed. I apologies being newbie my question may be weird.

Question is how to work with types which I don't want to manage through Umbraco back office, rather it will be simple data coming and being stored in SQL Server. Specifically I want to ask:

• Can I create controller in MVC and by pass Umbraco ?
    • What controllers should be inherited from? should they be standard MVC Controller, SurfaceController or RenderMvcController ? again it will not be an Umbraco document type or data.
    • Views will be inherited from UmbracoViewPage, UmbracoTemplatePage or it can be a standard MVC view ?
    • How will be URL of these views, controllers and actions ? In Umbraco URL depends on tree of content but how it will be with non Umbraco controllers, views and actions ?

Thank you so much for your precious time, guidance, sharing and help; I highly appreciate it.

• user33 9 posts 56 karma points
    Sep 12, 2014 @ 16:04
    user33

You can create a regular standard MVC controller.

And if you are using a standard MVC View ,I don't see any purpose of installing Umbraco in your application.

For the Finding the URL .You can use HTML.Action method to check how the url is being generated.

I hope this helps.

Sep 12, 2014 @ 16:13
    Haansi

Thanks user33, can you please reply to all points of my question.

• user33 9 posts 56 karma points
    Sep 12, 2014 @ 16:32
    user33

I am exactly not sure of your question.Are you using Umbraco or not?Can you breif me more about what your question?

Sep 13, 2014 @ 02:37
    Haansi

In a MVC application I have installed Nuget package "Umbraco CMS".

• BJ Patel 80 posts 206 karma points
    Jan 19, 2016 @ 07:23
    BJ Patel

Hi Haansi,

Hope you have got the answer/ Solution of your questions. If so, can you please share it. :)

Regards., BJ.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft