Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rohan 105 posts 162 karma points
    Sep 13, 2014 @ 10:26
    Rohan

Meta keywords , description not working and showing on browser "Page View Source"

Hi

I have added "SEO" tab with "Meta Description , Meta Keywords" properties on my document type and added the meta tag for keywords and description on my template by below way.

<meta name="keywords" content="@Umbraco.Field("metaKeywords")">

<meta name="description" content="@Umbraco.Field("metaDescription")">

I have entered the values in SEO tab for Meta Description and Meta Keywords. Now if i publish an preview the page with "localhost" (locally) and if i check the "Page View Source" on browser , it is showing the value i entered for meta keywords and description"

Now the problem comes, i have published the changes on my live server. Now if i check the "Page View Source" , the meta keywords and description coming blank like below.

<meta name="keywords" content="">

<meta name="description" content="">

Can anyone please let me know what is the issue ?

It's really urgent 

Thanks i advance !

Rohan

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Sep 13, 2014 @ 14:32
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Rohan,

I know it can sound like a really weird question, But make sure that you have entered, some value for the meta keywords and meta description fields for the page that you are on. (CurrentPage).

The @Umbraco.Field simply renders the contents of a field for the current content item.

<meta name="keywords"content="@Umbraco.Field("metaKeywords")"/>
    <meta name="description"content="@Umbraco.Field("metaDescription")"/>

So could you please double check that the page that you're viewing has some content in these fields, I have made that mistake by myself before. :-)

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Rohan 105 posts 162 karma points
    Sep 15, 2014 @ 08:42
    Rohan

Hi Dennis

Yes i have checked , i have entered the Meta keywords and description both  at content side in my SEO tab.

The strange stuff is that if i log on to the server and go to the IIS and run the application locally by "localhost", then meta keywords description is working. If i see the Page View Source then i can see the keywords and description value in <meta> tag.

The same problem comes for one of my Blog page on frontend website. I have entered some blogs in Umbraco CMS. In my Blog website display page, if i check locally on server by "localhost" then blog content is display on webpage. But once i published and check on my website then no blog is display on my frontend website on that page.

So i totally confused what is going on.

Can you please let me know is there any settings i need to do on IIS or CONFIG file etc ?

Thanks, 

Rohan Dave

• Sam Pearson 36 posts 89 karma points
    Feb 16, 2015 @ 17:02
    Sam Pearson

Hi all,

Had this same issue in Umbraco 7.2 (no starter kit) - when the doc-type fields are called 'metaDescription' or 'metaKeywords' they never output anything regardless of where they are in the template. I had to rename them to something like 'metaDescriptionField' etc to get them to play - also had to republish before they would work too.

Thanks,

-Sam

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft